You can type here any text you want

EGR Delete with Stock Chip

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

mtbraun

I understand this will cause an error with the stock chip, but will it cause any driveability issues until I upgrade the chip?

I understand this will cause an error with the stock chip, but will it cause any driveability issues until I upgrade the chip?
I am also very interested , anyone have experience .

Leave the solenoid plugged in. Just disconnect and plug the vacuum line. Should have no ill effect.

RL

I want remove the EGR entirely. I have the block off plate and wanted to re-run the vacuum line to the T near the firewall. Will this work (for now) with the stock chip?

Yes that would work. You just have to leave the solenoid (electrical connection) plugged in or you will get a code. The rest of the stuff can go. When you get a new chip the solenoid can go too.

EGR error is a "soft code" so no defaults.
However, non-functioning EGR will cause detonation during mid-throttle since the timing advance is elevated, assuming the EGR is doing it's "cooling". The EGR really doesn't have a downside to performance except for the blockage factor in the intake. WOT disables EGR anyway. It's for part throttle.

Based on what venom just said sounds like a good idea to keep it. But from what I remember the turbotweak chip automatically disable its at all times.

The ignition timing tables have been re-configured on the TT chip that deletes the EGR, so if you plan on getting the chip, the EGR removal should be simultaneous. Don't run one without the other...

iv been wondering when removing egr and such what did you do about vacum lines just blocked it of or reroute it into another

Also what to do with the charcoal canister? Mainly what I'm wondering is, what to do with the plug that goes to it? Is it ok to leave it hangin...thanks Mike

I removed the EGR valve and solenoid entirely, and bypassed the vacuum line straight through. It gives the engine bay a nice clean look. I also kept the charcoal cannister as that is where the fuel tank vent line connects.

Back