egt gauge

UnderPSI

I am looking to buy an egt gauge to fit into my 2" or 2 1/16" gauge pod that mounts on the roof by the t-tops. I need some suggestions on which brand and model to buy. I presently have all VDO gauges installed. I would like to stay in the ball park of $200 or less. Thanks

I'm not sure that anyone makes a fast reacting probe and gauge combo in that size but I could be wrong. IMO you'll be much better off going with a nice digital unit that has a max hold feature as you can always unplug it and stuff it in the console when not in use.
HTH

Thanks!

Since the EGT unit is not on the SMC Enterprises website, is there another site/link with info on it?

the one SMC sells is available through the company that makes them for under 100 bucks, then you have to buy the probe, for 35-40. I cant think of the website offhand, but you should be able to get the name of the company off a SMC guage.
HTH

With the digital unit you are refering to, is that like a DVOM that you can just plug in and use it when you need it? I would like something permenant that I don't have to fool with hooking and unhooking when I want to know my egt's.

UnderPSI, I think with a dial gauge, you could not get as accurate reading looking at a dial, unless the 2" gauge was a digital readout. And the max hold feature would be best for tuning info. And a digital meter with backlighting would be a nice feature. I have tried to make a determination for myself with this thread: http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43246&highlight=egt+gauge
but I'm not having much luck figuring it out. I need a setup too for my trans + tuning.

Looks like a great gauge with excellent features..like the 2001 model also, but it's another hundred bucks.

I really like the one you posted, & very well may get one! :)