You can type here any text you want

Electroplate / zinc headers?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jan Larsson

Anyone tried or have any thoughts on having a pair of headers electroplated, optimal would of course be to have the coated properly for heat transfer etc but in this country I've been quoted nearly $1000 to get it done :-(

As I can get anything electroplated (blueish/silver tint) cheaply I thought this might be an option to have the headers look good and last better than stock.

Any thoughts good / bad?

Now there is a thought but I'm not sure how well it would work. This is just my uneducated guess. It just seems like stuff like chrome wouldn't transfer heat as much as conventional powder coating. This is a very wide open test but I can't help but wonder if you could get an idea off testing exhaust tips? Just use a temp gun and test plain exhaust tips and then check out a set of chrome tips? Try to make sure you use the same type vehicle, conditions and running time etc.

It's to bad you don't live here in the States. I know a guy who does nice work for a fair price using Jet Hot coating. Now you can do silver but I went with black...it's got a higher heat talorence.

I had mine coated here in NC at Calico Coating with a 2000 degree coating. Cost was 165.00 for the headers.

Back