You can type here any text you want

Engine and Transmission numbers

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

cbszr1

Does anyone know if the motor ( long block)and/ or the transmission had markings that identified them to be from a GNX. It was my understanding that nothing was done to the motor (long block) or transmission that was not done to a GN including the markings.

Does anyone know if the motor ( long block)and/ or the transmission had markings that identified them to be from a GNX. It was my understanding that nothing was done to the motor (long block) or transmission that was not done to a GN including the markings.

Not as far as I know. The only way you'd be able to verify would be to know the VIN of the GNX of interest and then look for the "last 6" digits of that vin stamped to the block and tranny like all GN's and TR's.

The vin number is not stamped on the block or transmission of any GN, TType, or GNX. I was wondering if there were any additional markings. The turbo block casting number ends in 109, and the tran is BR__F. Are their any other markings.

Yes, GNX engine and turbo numbers are available

Engine and turbo numbers for each GNX are available. Is this for #107 by any chance?

PM me if you would...
Doug

The vin number is not stamped on the block or transmission of any GN, TType, or GNX. I was wondering if there were any additional markings. The turbo block casting number ends in 109, and the tran is BR__F. Are their any other markings.

Yes they were. Actually the last 6 digits of the vin are on the vin pad on the block and the vin pad of the tranny.

Back