You can type here any text you want

Engine hesitation

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tcronogue

Original owner '87 GN
I have a problem with my 87 G/N hesitating when first accelerating from a dead stop. Any ideas on possible cause?

TPS and IAC could cause this as mentioned. What are the counts/volts at idle with engine at temp?

Thanks. Replaced TPS earlier. Wil try IAC valve. I'm not a mechanic. Anybody know a really good and honest turbo Buick mechanic in the Detroit area?

Thanks. Replaced TPS earlier. Wil try IAC valve. I'm not a mechanic. Anybody know a really good and honest turbo Buick mechanic in the Detroit area?

Do you even have a scantool?

The TPS has to be set at a certain voltage as well as the Minimum air blade setting on the throttle body for the IAC.

Homework time.....

Resources

Yes, I just installed a scanmaster but still need to learn how to use it. What should I be looking for to diagnose hesitation (almost stalling) problem when first accelerating? Runs great after it gets going. Did install a new IAC valve but it made no difference. How do I adjust IAC?

Revisit..

Yes, I just installed a scanmaster but still need to learn how to use it. What should I be looking for to diagnose hesitation (almost stalling) problem when first accelerating? Runs great after it gets going. Did install a new IAC valve but it made no difference. How do I adjust IAC?

Post # 6, and go from there..:D

Still running original stock MAF. How do I know if it's bad? This old guy needs some help. I know carburetors and points. Not too smart on these cars but I'll try if I can get a little friendly patience and help.

Back