You can type here any text you want

engine misses

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

mytta49

MY TTA has been running fine up til a couple of days ago. Boost is set to 14 lbs and pulled strong.
When I drove it yesterday and today, it misses like crazy when, from a roll, I go to WOT. When the boost kicks in and when it reaches around 5 lbs it misses and bucks. The boost maxes out at around 10 even though the actuator is set to 14. It shifts at around 4000 rpms. On my scanmaster, there are no codes, I do a recall on the scanmaster and the O2 is around 880 and O knock At idle my BL is 138 and my TPS is .42 My fuel pressure with line off is 42.
I checked the three hoses on to the turbo, the PVC line. I am running 93 octane with a couple of gallons of 104.
Any idea what to check next ?

Or check plug wires. The 7mm delcos on my car caused misses under boost. You might want to repalce coil, plugs, and wires if they are old pieces. Or test if you have a good way to test all of those.

Yep! Check the MAF! You describe a miss but, is it more like the car runs out of fuel when you go WOP? It seems to want to go then just drops off. Take a screw driver with the car idling and tap on the MAF, if it stumbles and shutters like the taping is bothering it, you need a new MAF sensor.

Back