You can type here any text you want

engine rebuild

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

wicked6

Where/who is the best for engine rebuilds. I want a great Strip/Street car. I want the best and most reliable service.

There must be more. Who here has had an engine rebuilt, by whom, and are you satisfied.

Have a local shop machine it and put it together yourself. Not only is that the best but cheapest too! And if something goes you can point the finger at yourself:D

Zimmerman racing , talk to Nick Micale. He just did mine , great job , vert happy.

Intercooler-> I wish I could put an engine together, but I do not have the experience or know how. I wish I could though.

Got to start somewhere. I am sure there are some locals near you that have done it and can help you get your feet wet while watching them. Read books, ask questions and do it yourself. Once you get one notch in your belt you will feel real good and have no fears but you have to start someplace unless you like the expense and hassles of having someone else do it.

Originally posted by wicked6
Intercooler-> What is the most difficult part in building the engine.
No one thing in particular. If I would have to say one thing it would be just plain paying attention to detail. That and keeping it clean before and while putting it together. You live in Fla. Come on you Fla. guys help this guy with his build and the beer and pizza is on him;) Seriously though, if you plan on beating on it learn to do as much of the work as possible yourself. It will be easier on your wallet and will make you more happy! Only thing I can't do is build the trans which I will farm out for now. Maybe one day I can take a course and have a few sit-ins on doing a trans so I can do them myself:D

You have Cal Hartline in north Florida, Rick Harper (www.harpersracing.com) and Jeff Ro**** here in Lauderdale, and Laz down in Miami. These are the only people I know that I would recommend.

I would post in the Florida section of this board. I know there are a BUNCH of TR people there. But personally I would go with Intercooler's idea (which I did before as well) and that's do it yourself. It's a lot of fun (at least to me) and a great learning experience, and you get to buy more tools!!! :D There is nothing really that hard about rebuilding the motor. Just takes a little patience and attention to detail. Oh yeah, and MONEY.

Derrick

Engine Rebuild?

Locally, there isn't a place I can think of that I would trust to work on these engines. You could try some of the places in FL. that someone already mentioned (Cals, Harpers).

Exactly what do you want done to your engine? If it's not to elaborate do what Intercooler suggested and do it yourself. I'm by no means an engine builder or a mechanic but I rebuilt the top half of my engine about two years ago after I blew a HG. It's not too hard of a job and if you get stuck just post a question on this board and the guys will help ya out.

Back