You can type here any text you want

engine wire harness

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

hiballin

Bettie is the boss
fellas, are the engine wireing harnesses interchangeable between the tr's and tta's? i would think they are, but not sure about the length of wires to the ecm.

thanks!

hey jan, thanks for answering! do you know what the differences are?

thanks!

Not sure avout exactly what is different, defenitly the lenght of the cables, firewall connection and pinout. Whatever they had to adopt to work wiht the underdash wire harness of the TA/GTA as it's only the engine wireharness that is different from a TA/GTA.

Maybe someone else can shime in that done a GN engine transplant into a 3rd gen.

Jan Larsson said:
Not sure avout exactly what is different, defenitly the lenght of the cables, firewall connection and pinout. Whatever they had to adopt to work wiht the underdash wire harness of the TA/GTA as it's only the engine wireharness that is different from a TA/GTA.

Maybe someone else can shime in that done a GN engine transplant into a 3rd gen.

I just did a TTA swap into a 92 Z28 (in fact I have some of Jan's old parts in it:) and there are quite a few differences between the F-Body TTA MAF harness and the LB9 SD harnesses.
If my Z would have been a MAF car it would have been plug and play.
The GN harness isn't even close.

Back