You can type here any text you want

epoxy

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

rag231

Why did they have to put epoxy in my perfectly ported heads? The heads were originally ported by Chapman with build sheet and all. The motor (heads) eventually made it to nascar and then ASA and then a few unknown ownerships before I acquired the motor and the heads have epoxy in the runners. Did the organizations try to slow it down or what?

Not uncommon to find epoxy modified ports. In fact it's more common to find than not.
Hopefully whomever was doing the modification was using the correct material.

I have a intake stage 2 that i bought from a N/A drag racer and it has epoxy in the lower part of the runners, he haid it changed the air flow, it is on my car now, and it still has the epoxy in it,

The epoxy was used to change the shape and the size of the runner. The application, motor, RPM, CFM, velocity, tumble, swirl, etc., are all reasons to do this. In some cases on aluminum heads we'll even weld the runners and re-contour them. We actually just did this to the exhaust runners on a set of Harley heads for a Nitro bike. We had to slow down the air on the short side so they were welded, re-contoured, D-shaped, etc. They picked up over 30cfm across the board. The bike is going to Rockingham Dragway next weekend...

K.

Back