You can type here any text you want

Exhaust elbow

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dvernst

When an elbow is ported what part of it Gets ported? Also with the Terry Houston DP's what was different with those elbows? Thanks

The elbow necks down at the donut gasket. Porting it opens this up to gasket diameter and puts a shortside radius down into the hole.

When you are done, a 2.6" diameter ball should be able to pass through your elbow.

A THDP replaced the cast elbow with a welded flange and formed sheet metal with a larger radius than the stock elbow provides.

dvernst said:
Anyone have any pictures of this? Thanks

So tell me about the exhaust ,did the guy that did yours use the stock elbow and is this elbo the same as a GN elbo,did he do a downpipe for you,any pics... thanks DEnnis :biggrin:

Yes he used the stock elbow. Not sure if it is the same as the gn's. The exhaust made a huge difference. I'm very happy with the quality of the whole thing. I'll try to post pictures when i geet a chance.

With the Terry Houston elbow how did he get the puck into it? Will an elbow from a Grand National work?

dvernst said:
With the Terry Houston elbow how did he get the puck into it? Will an elbow from a Grand National work?
It's an integrated puck. The elbow from a GN wont work as it doesnt drop straight down. It swings out. On the TTA there is no "swingout" room.

Jason

sounds like a 3" downpipe goin up to the crappy elbow :eek: .... We only went 11.2"s@121 with it :rolleyes: here is the one I just took off Melissa's GN .. She ran 11.4-5's @118-119 for years with it ... She just upgraded to a copy of the THDP .. She ran 10.64@129.. THATS ALMOST EIGHT TENTH'S!!!!! :eek: :rolleyes: :p

Attachments

• DP1.JPG
    DP1.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 138
Grumpy said:
sounds like a 3" downpipe goin up to the crappy elbow :eek: .... We only went 11.2"s@121 with it :rolleyes: here is the one I just took off Melissa's GN .. She ran 11.4-5's @118-119 for years with it ... She just upgraded to a copy of the THDP .. She ran 10.64@129.. THATS ALMOST EIGHT TENTH'S!!!!! :eek: :rolleyes: :p

Yeah but you added a 500 shot of NITROUS :D

O.k. I got it. If I get a free flowing exhaust elbow i'll be running 9's. Oh I know thats not realistic. Actually I noticed such a big difference with the down pipe I have coming from the stock elbow, i'm not that worried about changing it. If I do come across something though I will fix it. I can't wait for more track time to see what i can actually run. I love when my car runs good, and I don't have to worry about anything except trying to get better. Thanks.

dvernst said:
O.k. I got it. If I get a free flowing exhaust elbow i'll be running 9's. Oh I know thats not realistic. Actually I noticed such a big difference with the down pipe I have coming from the stock elbow, i'm not that worried about changing it. If I do come across something though I will fix it. I can't wait for more track time to see what i can actually run. I love when my car runs good, and I don't have to worry about anything except trying to get better. Thanks.

it's goin to work fine !!! :p :cool:

Back