You can type here any text you want

Extender chip help!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

trading t/a

I'm Angry!!!!!
I posted a relative question in the scantool forum!Since it is more of a chip I'll try here.

I've been trying to tune my car for about a month and a half now chasing things here and there. First for some reason I couldn't get more than 16psi through the exhaust(thought it was the restriction). I opened the cut out and saw 20 psi I thought great one problem down, until today.

My base settings for the t+ and extender were base spark +8*/wot spark -10*/base maf 3/wot maf 14% rich/fp @ 45 line on(made the car respond the best). According to the scanmaster I was seeing o2's in the 300-500mv range at wot(no knock @16psi)I know the sensor is good cause sometimes i see knock with bad fuel or too much boost). Today I thought I would screw with it a bit. I set the base spark to 0(no change) and wot -6*, maf settings unchanged(also fuel spooling is at 1 if that matters it was a 3). I took it for a blast. It felt sluggish down low(blm's were always around 90-98,int at 124-131 at idle and o2's were 50-800mv) I now get 20 psi through the exhaust(woohoo) but the two wot blasts I did the o2's said 13 and 30mv with .7* of knock both times. Does the scanmaster cycle past 999mv(ie 13mv=1013
mv). MY blms at idle are now 114 but the int is around 106-112 and the 02's cycle between 50 and 780mv. If I changed the fp to a lower setting I lean out up top and get more knock. Does anyone have any other finer points of tuning this setup?

I'm the third owner of the car and am finding new things everyday. Last weekend I put on the power plate and while looking down the intake runners I noticed they were port matched
and all the way down by the bend was also ground down and was very shiny(compared to the normal casting color of the intake plenum floor). Other than sending the chip backto get the injector pw leaned out at idle do these settings seem alright?

Any help you guys can give I'd appreciate.

Thanx

Pete

Back