You can type here any text you want

Extender with no A/C

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Bens87tr

Former Owner, 87T
I have the extender chip and I'd like to mess around with some of the programable features, however I have no A/C. Well I left all of the wiring and stuff in and just took out condenser, compressor, drier, etc. The chip doesn't recognize the A/C when I turn it on. Is there any way to fool it into thinking it's (A/C) there?

Did you try jumping out the two wire accumulator round plug with a jumper wire?

Light green and light blue wires on the thing.

Jumped the pignose looking plug. No dice. Was that the one you were talking about?

ECM/SOL fuse must be good as well as the A/C fuse.

Check the light blue wire with your jumper in there with a voltmeter or test lamp to a good ground.

Shoud have +12 on it when you slide the lever to A/C MAX. and have the IGN switch in the run position.

If that piggy plug has a light green and light blue wire to it then that's the right one. :)

Light blue wire should also go to ECM connector at pin C8 I believe so you can read the +12 there when you turn the A/C switch on with the key in run. That's the signal you need for the ECM to recognize the A/C request.

And make sure the connector that used to go to the ac compressor clutch isn't shorting to anything - it has a diode built in with bare leads than can short to each other or to any other metal, and take out the ac fuse.

The ECM gets the AC request from the cutout relay. Curcuit goes from the control head, thru the low press switch, to the AC relay. From there the ECM request is sent to the ECM, and the ECM grounds the relays coil to close it and turn the compressor on.

So you see, you dont need any of it except the low press switch (or jumper) and the leg off the AC relay.

Nothing else tells the ECM the AC has been turned on or off.

:confused: You guys are making me feel stupid, and I don't need much help with that. Jim, can you describe the plug that needs to be jumped? The A/C components are long gone so I don't remember which is which.

Ben it's the large round plug with blue and green wires to it over by the heater blower motor and antenna area, near where the large tall A/C accumulator used to be.

Just in front of the heater box, you still got that right?

Yeah it's probably pig nose looking. :D

Has two small ears on the rubber plug that lock onto the cycling switch that was on the side of that large can you took off for no good reason. ;)

Look for the proper wire colors. :)

You can also look closely at your ECM connectors and find the light blue wire on C8 which will go to +12 if your A/C request is being generated.

If not just run a wire on a switch to the battery to it and do it manually like the calpak wire you add to the ECM to program other functions. :)

Lots of ways to do it. :cool:

I'm a jackass. Been ****in' around on the driver's side for some reason. Forgot the low pressure switch was on the pass. side. I'll work on it tomorrow.

And yeah, I never ran that calpack wire...

Back