You can type here any text you want

F/T '87 Turbo T. TSM car

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

KevinB

I am kind of testing the waters here. Just got news that my wife and I are expecting our 3rd kid. Ooops:p

Anyways, I am kicking around the idea of getting a nice stockish driver TR. I'd prefer a T-Type or T, Limited would be nice too. GN's are welcome also.

A little about my car:

Original '87 Turbo T. Legal for TSM. Weighs 3550 with me in it (I am about 185.)

Car has a certified 10 point cage. Newer GN interior from Postons. Newer headliner. Notched frame rail.

The car is very streetable (drove it from Louisville, KY to Bowling Green 2 years ago on the highway. If you have to pass a smog test in your area...forget about it lol.

The paint and body is about an 8/10. Very nice for a driver but not show quality. Only one small bubble of rust on the drivers door and a small spot on the inner fender well.

The fuel system is new. Brand new Eliminator pump with 15 gallon cell in the back with sender. -8 feed and -6 return. 95 pound injectors.

Suspension has stock '86 springs, stock type shocks, ATR bar and Metco uppers and lowers. Newer poly bushings through out.

Drive train consists of a TH400, custom 3" driveshaft, Ford 9" with 3.50 gears, Moser axles, and spool (not bad on the street at all....only sucks when it comes time to push the car.)

Engine is being freshened up right now. Should be done a few weeks.

---this means you will have a fresh engine. Went 250+ passes before I pulled it in the winter. Block cracked, so the new block has not been beat on.
-fresh n/a 109 block
-.020 Wiseco pistons
-stock stroke Eagle Crank
-K1 rods
-new aluminum girdle
-GN1 heads with full port job
-Scorpian rockers
-billet cam
-solid lifters (T/A)
-T/A ss headers
-and a bunch of other good stuff

Engine management is a Gen7 DFI w/data logger. Comes with a pump gas tune, 110 octane tune and a C16 tune.

Exhaust is a 3" ATR ss single shot with a 3" ss downpipe.

The turbo is a Limited 70GTQ that was new in the fall.

The car does NOT have a/c or heat or a stereo.

Car runs consistent 9 second passes (9.67 is the best with a lot more left, I am always on the conservative side...10.8 a/f, 20 degrees of timing, 29 psi) with C16. Ran 10.00's on 110, ran 10.4 on pump.

Asking price is $18K. I would rather do a trade though. If you want to buy...I will accept cash only...no checks. WILL TRADE ONLY FOR A '86-'87 TR!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am really up in the air about selling/trading this, so I may change my mind at anytime.
kevin1-1.jpg

vsbanana1.jpg

100_1479.jpg

Proof of ET's
vsbanana2.jpg

crappy camera pics of the new install of pump and tank:
IMG00084.jpg

IMG00083.jpg

Older pic of the 9". No fuel tank back there now.

rearend.jpg

Random engine pics:
side.jpg

pistons.jpg

intakeports.jpg

studs.jpg

engine4.jpg

Almost forgot...

Actual mileage is unknown (had an aftermarket dash in it when I got it, has been replaced with a normal Regal dash since...no tach or boost gauge.)

Also I have the clean Ohio title in hand.

Feel free to call me with any questions. Call anytime between 8am to midnight EST.

Just left a message on the phone

87 Turbo T- Limited

White with the blackout trim- grey buckets, auto on the column...LMK

Buick6.jpg

Buick5.jpg

Buick4.jpg

Buick1.jpg

Not for sale anymore. I realized that I would not be happy with anything else. I have too much blood, sweat and tears into this damn car. Any stock car I would end up with would go through the same transformation this car has.

Sorry to all those that have called and pm'd me.

Back