You can type here any text you want

Factory Radio Problem

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

kuku

87 GN AM/FM/Cassette/EQ factory radio. Was working fine but now the diplay will work fine but no speakers. The power antenna works, display will change FM/AM and tune up or down but no sound out of speakers.

Any Suggestions?

Sounds like the amp went bad, or there is a problem with the out connections from the internal amp. Be sure and double check the plugs off the back of the stereo & your fuse box too. Electronics shop can probably repair but may cost $$$$

Doug C.

I took it to a local audio repair shop and at first the guy said it would cost around $200 to fix. After we talked at great lengths he said he would do it for $80. I only have a week before I leave for overseas duty so I said go ahead.

Just a side note to all doing radio installations- make sure you know what wires are 12volt and where they should not go. I think I hooked up a 12volt wire to the wrong lead and fried the outputs.

DID YOU EVER GET YOUR STEREO WORKING?IASK CUZ I HAVE A VERY CLEAN STOCK ONE.I HAD IT ON EBAY AND THE GUY IS DRAGING HIS FEET ON PAYING .I WORK FOR THE DEP OF NAVY.

Yes I did get it to work. It actually sounds great. I would still be interested in buying another radio for a spare. Is it an am/fm/cassette/eq and how much? Pictures?

it has no EQ.where are you stationed at and what branch of the mil are you in?

Back