You can type here any text you want

FAST Data Logger problem>>

• Thread starter Thread starter Stk1520
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
S

Stk1520

I'm having a problem with the communication between the remote data logger and my laptop. I'm running C-ComWP with the remote data logger. When I go to read the log file, I get the following message: "Error opening COM port". This is a Ford TFI application. Just a note - the car will log data manually with either C-Com WP or the old DOS version.

The data logger has worked fine in the past. The last race I went to I was unable to retrieve any data from the logger. When I turn the ignition key to on, the green light on the data logger is steady on. When I arm the data logger with my toggle switch (I use TPS position for a trigger), the green light goes to a fast flash and the red light goes to a slow flash. After a run I was getting the slow green flash meaning data was recorded and available, but when I tried to retrieve the data, the red light would flash fast - duh???? What am I doing wrong??

I cannot send my logging configuration to the data logger because I get the "Error opening COM port" message. I still have use of all other FAST functions and can tune the car and log manually, but I can no longer seem to communicate with the remote data logger.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Am leaving Wednesday morning to race at the NHRA Keystone Nats and would appreciate any input before then.

Thanks,

Jim K.

Back