You can type here any text you want

FAST/Ignition problems?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

big_G

Blown member
Noob here...383 sbc/Procharger (D1SC)/FAST (red box) running batch fire off an MSD dist., 15lbs boost@6K. Problem is it seems to be self rev-limiting between 5200 to 5400. I have the fuel cut-off at 6500 and on at 6400. I tried 3 different MSD and Crane Hi-6 boxes. Even tried relocating the coil, all to no avail. Didn't have this problem prior to installing the FAST EFI. Gurus...have at it.

I'll try to post the log this weekend.

lastlog041009.jpg

Instead of a screen shot, maybe post the tune and log files, so the goorus can download and look??

What is your injector duty cycle and a/f reading when it starts breaking up?Did you yuse the same fuel system before installing the fast?

Not a guru. Just a guy with a broken car and time on his hands.

What is your injector duty cycle and a/f reading when it starts breaking up?Did you yuse the same fuel system before installing the fast?

Not a guru. Just a guy with a broken car and time on his hands.

Same Aeromotive A1000 pump and boost referenced regulator. Duty cycle when breaking up was 85% to 100%. A/F ratio was in the low to mid 8's for the whole rev limited period...(about 2 seconds).

Way to rich. A/F should be in the 10'S. In The screen shot you posted the a/f was close on the dash but the fast was already pulling 17% as the log goes on it just gets richer until the injectors are at 100%.

What did you have in for a target a/f ? If it was where it needed to be you might just need to take fuel out in the v/e. Might need a fresh set of plugs if it ran very much with race fuel and the a/f in the 8's.

Way to rich. A/F should be in the 10'S. In The screen shot you posted the a/f was close on the dash but the fast was already pulling 17% as the log goes on it just gets richer until the injectors are at 100%.

What did you have in for a target a/f ? If it was where it needed to be you might just need to take fuel out in the v/e. Might need a fresh set of plugs if it ran very much with race fuel and the a/f in the 8's.

My target A/F is 12. I have already dropped the boosted V/E table down quite a bit. The plugs look fine. I was thinking the A/F was rich because the engine was rev-limiting, not the other way around. I'll post my V/E table in a few mins.
041809.jpg

Back