You can type here any text you want

Fast runner Rears!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TTGN

Looking to see what rears you guys are running and the gear size! looking to go in the 9's with out to many problems! Un sure to keep the 8.5 rear or swap with a 9in or 12? Dont forget to let me know what spline they are.

nitdjg said:
Looking to see what rears you guys are running and the gear size! looking to go in the 9's with out to many problems! Un sure to keep the 8.5 rear or swap with a 9in or 12? Dont forget to let me know what spline they are.

My neighbor and his brother have a limited that runs 9.40's. They have a 9" with 3.73 gears if I remember correctly. I think the axels are 31 spline. For what it's worth, my car (which is not running yet :) ) has a fabricated 9" 4.57 pro-gear and gun drilled 40 spline axels. I think it should be in the 9's when done. :D

8.5 will take a beating if you got good axles/with eliminators or better yet 9" ends. With a spool. I ran a few 9.8s on a stock rear with stock axles. I tried to keep it soft out of the hole, but I accidentally left 1.45 a couple times. Don't do that though. ;) I was gonna beef it up, but I came across a good enough deal on a 9" (aluminum 3rd with a spool and 3.50's with 35 spline axles) and was worth it in the long run to go that route. The big plus was that my rearend geometry is MUCH improved and launches much better/smoother now.

Back