You can type here any text you want

fender flares

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ediberto_diaz

Not sure if I can post this here. Well my body guy placed the rear fender flares on the car but they didnt fit on correctly. They overlap about inch at the rear. Has anyone else had the same problem.

Which ones are the best to buy? I am about to buy a set and want to avoid such problems if I can. I am considering a set from gbodyparts.com or a set from Kirban.

Suggestion

I used the DANKO flares. I would suggest masking off the qtrs/fenders that way you can move them around without damaging the paint. Test fit them WITHOUT the rubber gasket and mark the "high spots" along the edge that meets the body. Sand/work these areas until you get a nice flush fit WITHOUT the gasket. Mark/drill your mounting holes at this point. This will give you a nice "snug" fit once you have prepped/painted and attached the rubber gasket.
87GrandNationalGNXCloneConversion009.jpg

87GrandNationalGNXCloneConversion007.jpg

87GrandNationalGNXCloneConversion006.jpg

87GrandNationalGNXCloneConversion002.jpg

GNXClonePICS006-1.jpg

Flares

thats good stuff there, thanks! yeah mine dont fit like yours. maybe he tried the fronts on the back or they are just no made correctly. ok well thanks again.

I used the DANKO flares. I would suggest masking off the qtrs/fenders that way you can move them around without damaging the paint. Test fit them WITHOUT the rubber gasket and mark the "high spots" along the edge that meets the body. Sand/work these areas until you get a nice flush fit WITHOUT the gasket. Mark/drill your mounting holes at this point. This will give you a nice "snug" fit once you have prepped/painted and attached the rubber gasket.

GNXClonePICS006-1.jpg

GNXwannabe,

Can you tell me what the deminsions are for your wheel spacer, your rear wheel backspace and what size rear tire you are running...looks great.

Thanks

GNXClonePICS006-1.jpg

i dont got that molding mine is flushed to the body

Attachments

• IMG_0845.jpg
    IMG_0845.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 269
Back