Few questions

PhantomTA

Supreme Overlord
Okay guys,

Just had the cat, u-bend, and resinator removed. Im running a modded air box with a K&N filter (for now atleast)

I have a 3.4 pulley on order, and taylor wires on order.

Thermostat? 160 or 180? and what brand? Is it the same as the TurboBuick 3.8's?

Dealer the only place that has a housing gasket for the thermo?

Valve Cover breather?
I have one that im not using from my LS1 and it fits, but whats the verdict on these for these cars?

Anything else im missing?

Removing the hood liner? would that help with under hood heat? or will it be just to hear the blower better? :)

Thanks guys

Napa had a thermostat gasket. If that is what you are asking about...

There is also a little slotted rubber washer. Napa didnt have this on hand so I reused the old one which was still good.

I looked the the premium stock 195* thermostat at autozone, next to it was an 180*. They looked identical and were stamped with 44mm (I think, Check the store book for the 195 and find the equivalent 180) which refers to the diameter. The thermostat fit and works fine. Dont bother ordering one online, they cost double+shipping, and you have to wait for it. Just get the premium autozone one.

Urbs
www.regalgs.org

the 195 (or 190) and 160 numbers refer to the temperature at which the thermostat opens !! be careful to also change the temperature sending unit that turns the FAN ON, or get your PCM reprogrammed to do it at the lower temp.