You can type here any text you want

first run in a long time...feedback pls

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ryan george

Got out on Fri night to make a few runs after last winters upgrades. Pls provide feedback on if anything looks screwy...

Reaction .1101
60 ft 1.73
1/8 7.68 @ 88.6
1/4 11.97 @ 115

TE62, Vigilante 5 disk, 60lb Mototrons, 3" DP, stock cam, HR rear sway, 981 valve springs, PTE SLIC, SMC Alky kit, 24-25 lbs boost. Had problems keeping the car running once I got to the track. Kept wanting to stall out at idle. Thanks!

Got out on Fri night to make a few runs after last winters upgrades. Pls provide feedback on if anything looks screwy...

Reaction .1101
60 ft 1.73
1/8 7.68 @ 88.6
1/4 11.97 @ 115

TE62, Vigilante 5 disk, 60lb Mototrons, 3" DP, stock cam, HR rear sway, 981 valve springs, PTE SLIC, SMC Alky kit, 24-25 lbs boost. Had problems keeping the car running once I got to the track. Kept wanting to stall out at idle. Thanks!

Anything done to the heads (less springs)? Your 1/8 to 1/4 MPH is great (26.4 pick-up). Might want to start in 2nd and manually shift into 3rd. That should increase your 1/8 mph. I picked up ~3 mph, in the 1/8, by doing that.

I think those #s look solid.

You could potentially sqeeze a little more out in a tune I would imagine. How much timing are you running?

Reaction .1101
60 ft 1.73
1/8 7.68 @ 88.6
1/4 11.97 @ 115

What chip?

Any datalog of it when it was trying to stall?

I'd say that was a solid run for a first run in a long time....1.73 60' ain't too bad... what launch boost? you didn't mention any head mods.... a little more 60' work.... and 25 psi should go mid to even low 11's with your combo... and tuning..... so IMHO... 11 anything is a good solid number for first time out.... Great job!

I think those #s look solid.

You could potentially sqeeze a little more out in a tune I would imagine. How much timing are you running?[/QUOTE

Thanks. Powerlogger is showing 18.4. I don't understand timing well enough to know how or when to adjust.

What chip?

Any datalog of it when it was trying to stall?

I'd say that was a solid run for a first run in a long time....1.73 60' ain't too bad... what launch boost? you didn't mention any head mods.... a little more 60' work.... and 25 psi should go mid to even low 11's with your combo... and tuning..... so IMHO... 11 anything is a good solid number for first time out.... Great job!

Running a TT chip. I'm not sure how to tell that, if you could tell me, I'll check (if the powerlogger captures this data). I sucked at the 60' on the first few runs and figured out I was spinning. Backed down to about 2 pounds of boost (from about 5) and it launched good. no head mods. Thanks, much appreciated, I need the feedback. O2 millivolts were in the 730-740 range in 3rd gear. No knock at all. Are those numbers too low? Thanks again for the questions. I had hoped for a little better numbers then I got. I'm new to tuning and trying to figure this out mostly on my own.

Running a TT chip. I'm not sure how to tell that, if you could tell me, I'll check (if the powerlogger captures this data). I sucked at the 60' on the first few runs and figured out I was spinning. Backed down to about 2 pounds of boost (from about 5) and it launched good. no head mods. Thanks, much appreciated, I need the feedback. O2 millivolts were in the 730-740 range in 3rd gear. No knock at all. Are those numbers too low? Thanks again for the questions. I had hoped for a little better numbers then I got. I'm new to tuning and trying to figure this out mostly on my own.

Yes those are low O2 numbers. IMO shoot for .78 in 3rd. Add some timing to 1st/2nd gear and get the 1/8 MPH up.

Car kept wanting to stall? Check your plugs, check your IAC idle counts. Look at the basics first. Dirty air cleaner, old fuel filter, etc...

Dont kill your self about those narrow band 02 readings. Get a wideband to check your a/f numbers. Tune for no knock and you cant go wrong.

Car kept wanting to stall? Check your plugs, check your IAC idle counts. Look at the basics first. Dirty air cleaner, old fuel filter, etc...

Dont kill your self about those narrow band 02 readings. Get a wideband to check your a/f numbers. Tune for no knock and you cant go wrong.

Yeah, couldn't figure that out. Finally got out to the track and wasn't letting that stop me. I knew to check the IAC counts, will look at the plugs. New fuel filter, recently cleaned air filter. Thanks.

Back