first time 2 track

kingots2004

just got my motor done and took car out to track.i left my computer and took my buddies because my is a piece anyway long story short couldnt get my powerlogger to work :mad: so i couldnt tune but i ran once at 20lbs and went 10.03 in the 1000ft at 109 and so i back down the boost to 17lbs and went 10.03 at 102 on fire lol.my engine caught on fire after my alky line i guess burnt in half and sprayed alky all over the compartment.but i did have a 1.7 60ft on the small mts drag radials at 10 psi launch foot braking.i got the stuff fixed today and hope to get back to the track soon so i can get some good times.luckly mostly burnt the loomand tape thats on the wires but im still gonna hunt down a new harness for piece of mind.i lifted early on the last pass as you can see by the mph so im hopin that i can get mid 9s on a low boost pass and get in the 8s after i get the boost up around 25lbs then the 50 shot goes on:smile: and the engine proably catches on fire again:rolleyes:oh and i did strum a mustang gt by like 3 seconds :)

The Devils own Alky kit does not use Steel braided lines???

That is bad News...

I've seen pictures of Alky kits using Plastic Synflex line and thought it was a bad idea...

:eek:

no it doesnt i was scared also.i put the wireloom stuff on it to insulate it and zip tied it up off the valve cover i didnt think that stuff would melt that easy lol.i had it laying bare on the valve cover and have drove and run the car with the old combo and didnt have a problem but i didnt notice the stock valve covers being as hot as the gn1 covers if that makes sense.

i got 1/8 mile times also ill have to find the time slips but thats the length of the tracks around where i live that were open on the day i was able to go.and shoot nhra has swapped to 1000 ft anyway so i guess the quarter will proably be gone if the insurance gets to high on them.thats what happened were i live most were quarter mile tracks but shortened their distance to slow the cars down for insurance reasons.at least thats what they told me.there are 2 quarter tracks around me now memphis and monroe ,la.ill hit one some day lol

What's a 10 flat equal in a 1/4 mile kingots? Like an 11.4ish?

Keep that thing from burning down and it should really move on the juice.

yeah when i was running 8.60 1000ft with my vega with the nitrous motor it ran 10.60 quarter time but its hard to tell since a turbo motor pulls harder on the other end.im hopin for mid 8s in 1000 should be mid 10s and then ill spray a 50 on it and see what happens lol.gettin a fire supressor friday :).theres a guy in little rock with the exact combo im running and those are the times hes running footbraking and he just got a new converter from dusty that hes wanting to try

2nd trip to track more trouble my alky quit working so i still run at 17lbs of boost had a 1.69 60 ft and run 11.49 at 119 mph.i cant wait to turn this sucker up and spray it lol.left at 10lbs of boost on the footbrake.2nd run 12.21 when i tried to turn up the boost this is where i discovered my alky wasnt working.3rd run 11.50 at 117 when i turned the boost back down to 17 lbs had a 1.83 60 that time