You can type here any text you want

flames???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

gchild1853

ok so i was assuming that my turbo went bad on my regal... and i was also assuming that the reason for my headers glowing redhot were because the air wasnt passing through the turbo because of it. So i unhooked the exhaust inlet on the turbo... ( where the exhaust enters the turbo, and yes i do kno its not a good idea, but i was figuring it wouldnt do it anyharm if the turbo wasnt spinning anyway ) but i wanted o see if my headers would still glow... i looked in the inlet and it was shooting flames coming down from a revv... would an open exhaust on this car shoot flames??? ive seen may cars and bikes shoot flames when then have very free flowing exhaust... but should my car be doing this??? or could it be a combination of the fuel not traveling fast enough to the intake manifold (since the turbo isnt spinning) and its running lean because its just sucking all air in??? and maybe the engine itself isnt enough to pull that fuel all the way through the carb, neck, turbo and into the manifold??? and my exhaust didnt glow when the inlet was unbolted...

im just trying to gather information... i couldnt get one bolt off on the downpipe side (not even with an impact), so i couldnt check the fins out on the turbo

any information would be awesome... thanks in advance

You shouldn't be shooting flames, there's something wrong. At a wild guess, intake and exhaust valves are over lapping or the exhaust valves aren't closing all the way. OR you are PIG rich

Back