*** Florida Tuning Shop?

gr8regal

Looking for a Member or Shop that can help with tuning and upgrades. Western Central Florida.
Any distance in Florida is okay if they know what they are doing.

Why is it so hard to work on Turbo's especially 84 Hot Box Engines. Every one runs 86-87's.

Also looking for some parts for engine.

Actually, there are lots of tuners here in Florida, it depends on how in-depth you want to take it. Some of the obvious big guys, Harper, Conley, Cottons, should be able to help you.

I think one of the most necessary mods for any turbo car would be a Boost Controller. I do think however that the best way for you to learn your car would be to use this board and gnttype.org as a guide to tune it yourself. There is a certain satisfaction(appreciation?) that can come come by doing things yourself.

-DC:cool:

heres who I refer , both these guys know what there doing...

KDK
6550 Edgewater Dr.
Orlando, FL 32810

Kevin King

Phone:
(407) 298-2706

OR

Hartline performance
825 Hunters Creek
West Melbourne, FL 32244

Cal Hartline

Phone:
(321) 722-1563

I've been working on this car!

Let me say that I have used this board alot.

This car was bought from someone who knew nothing about turbo's. He had the 87 engine rebuilt and replaced with a 84 because the car is a 84 GN, the repair shop ripped him bad. They stole or keep all of the 87 parts and replaced with junkyard dead 84 blown up gn parts. The car has seen 4 electrical or repair shops around here, No-one knows anything about these cars. It has not ran since the rebuild. Parts were everywhere.
I had a no-start problem.

1. Replaced the fuel pump and lines,filter with walbro 340 and hotwire kit.
2. Replaced the fuel regulator.
3. Replaced the therostat(housing now leaks(need new one)
4. Ran electrical ckeck.
5. Replaced Ignition Module(from John DeCarlo).
6. Replaced gas with 94 and octane booster.
7. New Coil.
8. Replaced Battery, and cables.
9. Replaced Starter.

I , I say I got the Car running, Runs like Crap but it is able to run.
Hard to start still.
As it was running i noticed the inlet pipe to the turbo is blown, hole in up pipe, Now I need a inlet pipe.

Just trying to see who and where their are Turbo Helpers, I live 2 hours from Orlando and 2 hours North of Tampa so their are few knowledgeable wrenches over here.
If the car is not on the road it is hard to drive It.

:)

You have a hole in the uppipe and in then air inlet tube? Thats why it runs so bad. The hard start could be many things. I have an extra uppipe thats powder coated gray, its in ok shape if you havent got one yet. Im sure you can find an inlet pipe from someone on here as well. Its too bad you dont have many gurus over there, it sure was nice for me to have so many here when i was starting out. If you keep asking questions, people here will help you out.

Scott

Jeff@ economy in pompano beach did my car and i have no problems great guy and he knows these cars.

call him at (954) 946-4043
Economy Auto sw 14th pompano beach

Tuners

Thanks for the Shops, But South Florida is like in another state. 7 hours from West Central Florida(west Of Ocala)on the Gulf. Orlando is 2 hours West and Tampa is 2 hours South, Looking for good shop within hauling distance. Contacted KDK Performance in Orlando Great Guy Kevin !!! He may help with some of the bugs. Their is alot of help out there but most is hours away.
Any help West of Orlando.

Got to buy a turbo link soon.

Hey Russell, we're over in Ocala, right off of I-75. My dad doesnt specialize in tuning or anything like any of the other guys mentioned, but he's done tons of work to other GN's as well as his own car. So if you need need help with anything just give us a call, he's more than willing to help with anything short of any type of DFI tuning. The number here is 352-873-3343, just let us know. Good luck

Originally posted by VictoryTrans
Hey Russell, we're over in Ocala, right off of I-75. My dad doesnt specialize in tuning or anything like any of the other guys mentioned, but he's done tons of work to other GN's as well as his own car. So if you need need help with anything just give us a call, he's more than willing to help with anything short of any type of DFI tuning. The number here is 352-873-3343, just let us know. Good luck

That is good to know because I might be moving to Ocala within the next year or so and was worried that there might not be any good TR mechanics with experience in the area:) You put my mind at ease:D :cool:

Ocala Florida

I've heard of your Shop (Dads). I will make a trip up during the week. Do you ever run up to gainsville to test and tune?
I first have to get this thing put back together. One part at a time.
Russell

We used to run up in G'ville all the time. We've only been there once since the Stage motor was built and all we could get was a 10.0 on a bad track. We should be going up this next week sometime to see if we can crack into the 8's. You should see if ya can head up to G'ville when we go to watch the car run. Let me know. Talk to ya later

Up Pipe Not the Problem

Replace up pipe still runs like crap.
Removed the up pipe and maf--- still runs like crap.

I quess I will call John DeCarlo for a replacment ecm. John are you out there?

RUSSELL, IF YOU THINK IT MIGHT BE ECM RELATED, MAYBE IT'S JUST THE CHIP. DO YOU HAVE MORE THAN ONE CHIP? I'VE HAD CHIPS NOT SEATED PROPERLY AND CAUSED THE CAR TO JUST ABOUT RUN. DOES YOUR CAR USE AN 86-87 COMPUTER? OR......MAKE ARRANGEMENTS TO TAKE IT TO ORLANDO. BORROW A TOW DOLLY. YOU JUST NEED SOME KNOWLEDGEABLE HELP TO GET YOU OVER THE HUMP. THEY CAN FIND THE PROBLEM FAST. THEY HAVE LOTS OF KNOWN GOOD PARTS TO SWAP IN AND THE DIAGNOSTIC KNOWLEDGE TO PINPOINT THE PROBLEM.

Thanks

I'm making arrangments with AAA now to take it to KDK Performance in Orlando, Florida. They will get it running.

Central Florida Repair shop.

Damn does he have alot of cars in he's shop.
Regals, Grand Nationals, GNX's, KDK Performance and Kevin King, He knows his stuff.