You can type here any text you want

Frame measurements

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GNX 233 485

Does anyone have the bodyshop frame dimentions and measurements for a G-body Grand National frame. I have a car on the frame machine and want to get it dead on, not just the usual bodyshop eyeball way. You can post or send me a PM or email me at: impala3001@aol.com Thanks in advance for any info.

The car's junk, I'll give you $3000 for the ""three"" and a gnx gauge bezel minus the gauges. THANX KERRY

Factory manual has all the proper dimensions.. How Bad is the damage, where was it hit?

Thanks

Factory manual has all the proper dimensions.. How Bad is the damage, where was it hit?

You are correct, I did not see it before. After a new look at the body service manual I see it. It is not bad, it has a light sway from right to left about 2-4 inches and right side rail might be down an inch. It is on a 87 GN with 30,000 miles, unmodified. Powermaster locked up, had no brakes at all and slammed into a 100% all original 1987 V8 regal with 20,000 miles:mad: . Adjuster will be out tomorrow to look at the GN, the regal was just totalled. I would post a pic, but cant seem to be able to upload on this site....anyone to walk me through.

I would take the body off the frame and take it to frame shop. The car is very low miles and make sure it repaired right. That way everything would line up right and track straight.

I just checked that book again and they skip right over the G-body frame measurements. I also spoke with the adjuster today and he told me 5 hours to straighten frame on the car. I will have to fight with the insurance company for a new frame or a frame off straighten. UHH

Back