You can type here any text you want

Front Brakes Sticking

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ckmm

the $ money i could save
front brakes keep sticking.i have replaced the calper pad rotors is it the popr . vavle was thinking og going to a larger rotor and calper just not now just didi all the brakes 2 months it dosent lock up all the time if i hit hard they stick or when i use the line lock . i had they same promble be for i put in the lock it dose not do this all the time . and smoke the rotors if i let sit for a while it works fine . was reading some other post where they t off the front and put adjusable for the rear is that the way to go or is my msater cyl. going bad i still run the hydroboost brake could use some HELP ON THE FRONT BRAKES AND WHT JUNK YARD SWAP FOR THE BIGGER ROTORS AND CALIPER I HAVE 17 INH RIMS THANKS CK

I went down your road throwing money at my brakes . Before you do anything REPLACE the front brake lines . $400.00 later i found out I should have started there . Once the fluid gets hot the brakes line swell an the dont get enough fluid . With all the work you have done it wont hurt even it it winds up not being the problem.

Yeah I would try replacing the lines, sometimes the inside of the line deteriorates in a such a way that fluid can flow past it to the caliper, but when it tries to return to the master cylinder, a little "sliver" on the inside of the brake line can block the fluid from returning and make the brake stick.

that was the first thing i did i put steel braidedline on

could it be the PROPORTIONING VALVE i have heard of some of the guys t the front lines and use adjustable valve for the rear . any input on this

Do you have stock replacement rotors and calipers?
If so, check the slide bolts and make sure they are properly greased.
What calipers did you buy? Make sure the pistons are not becoming crooked in the caliper itself. I have heard of cheap rebuilds doing this.

How did you bleed your system when you went through it 2 months ago?
What fluid did you use?
Is your prop valve the orig cast iron unit?
It may be time to replace it.
Did you push in the plunger on it? If so, did you release it?

i bought the caliper from autozone when i bleed the brakes i stat at pas rear then driver rear then pass front last the driver side i put new dot 3 fluid flushed it out yes its the original valve

Mmm, tough one.
Unless you find something wrong at your calipers, I'd go for the prop valve.
It may be hanging up.
Blow your lines clean while you are there.

Did you have this problem before you changed your calipers?

Back