You can type here any text you want

Front mount intercooler pics

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hiwinds

There doesnt seem to be much room under there. Do any of you that have on have pics?

Thanks

Do a search for the threads concerning RJC's new intercooler. It is one of the biggest available and there are pictures showing it installed. Or go to RJC's site and there is a picture.

Did you notice that this was posted in the tta section? rjc's ic wouldnt fit in a tta. I believe that cas is the only on that made one for the tta's. And I did try searching and the search isnt working.

I apologize. I didn't realize you were in the TTA section. I just log-on and hit "new posts". Sorry about that.

So I take it no one has a front mount intercooler on their tta. Kinda what I thought . :rolleyes:

It can be done, just needs to be custom fit. One of Cotton's front mount cores fits. I know, I did it up there. I think his new one is bigger and will not fit, plus you really need to custom bend the pipes.

I really liked those I/C's that ran off the air conditioning unit but I saw a tech article that dispelled their benefit (horsepower gained vs. hp cost).

Here is the one I have in project right now.

pic_4.jpg

I know, not a very good picture but its the best i have.

A Swedish TTA, owner is located above the arctic circle.

IMG_5590.jpg

Car is bought from Randy Burg USA.

what I'd really like to know is how people are getting air into them. I was working out a custom air dam. I also thought about putting a dual Spal fan in front of the I/C but I doubt that would move enough air to cool it.

mark b said:
what I'd really like to know is how people are getting air into them. I was working out a custom air dam. I also thought about putting a dual Spal fan in front of the I/C but I doubt that would move enough air to cool it.
That was a big thing for me too. I am just going to have to rely on the air dam and the dual fan setup (Flex-A-Lite 220) to hopefully get the job done. I am crossing my fingers.

Back