You can type here any text you want

front squeak!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87TIGN

Death by boost
The front of my 87 GN squeaks like crazy when I go over bumps no matter big or small, fast or slow. The rear is quiet but the front is annoying. I tried replacing the shocks but that didn't help. Could it be springs? Is there a way to lube them to get them to shut up? Or is it something else? Thanks in advance.

Have you greased your fitting on you ball joints and front end fittings lately?

Nope I will jump on that tho and see if it makes a difference.
Thanks

Also there are a set of rubber seats the springs reside in. They are actually at the top of the spring perch, by chance are these worn through? If not you could have metal on metal contach which may lead to the noise you are referring to.

Common turbo Buick Squeaks & rattles I have found:
1. Spare tire set-up: If you can move it any at all, noisy
2. 3 hood adjustment rubber bumpers: a dab of lube on them
3: Battery & battery box not affixed firmly.
4: Hood latch cable running over radiator shield/mount
5: Air conditioner hard line covered in rubber rubbing
against inner passenger side fender.
6: Speedo cable coupling banging against anything in area.
7: Trunk lid incorrectly adjusted, bangs on bumps
8: Grille spring tired, allows grille to bang back & forth
9: purge canister bolted 180° apart, allows movement sideways
10: Junk inside of console rattling

Had the same thing rebuilt the ENTIRE front suspension with my son on a Saturday got done went to the alighnment shop and on the way home hit the first of three speed bumps in my neighborhood and SQUEEK. :mad: I got home and finally found I had the original 20 year old sway bar bushing. :eek: I just pulled them apart and put some anti-sieze on the bushing to test and now no more squeek. Another place is the rubber bumper at the top center of the hood, pull the dipstick and put a drop of oil on the contact surface and go for a ride. Hope you get it figured out. Jon Hanson

Mine squeaked like an old rocking chair until I hit all the front bushings (urathane) with some white lithium grease. All gone now.

yup. Just spray anywhere you see a bushing and try and stick the little plastic nozzle in any nooks where the rubber or urethane will touch metal.

Don't forget the upper a-arm bushing on the pass. side by the downpipe it gets hott an decenegrates.I noticed a squeak this weekend only to pop thehood an see the bushing was almost gone. Most of the time it is the bushing inthe rear on the upper a-armonthe pass side that goes bad. It will squeak sometimes an then sometimes make a clunking sound!!! Also like said before you can put a glob of vasoline onthe hood stopper in the rear by the cowl an that will stop the swueak.. gooduck

Back