You can type here any text you want

Front Tires rub after front end work...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

91Bird305

Having some troubles here. Installed a PaRacing K member and Spohn tublar a-arms w/ spohn front end rebuild kit. Put everything together and now I can't turn my wheel more than 1/4 of the way without the tires rubbing. I notice something wasn't right with the k member the way it was built didn't look right (Bar was A LOT lower than the oil pan and other flaws) so we took it out and left the spohn a arms on...but still had the same problem. What would cause this? Are the a arms to short or something and pulling the tires in close enough to where they rub? I am going to put the stock a arms back in and see what happens. Would the front end rebuild kit effect this at all? Any help would be appreciated. Just want to get this front end done so I can finish the car. Or is there a way to adjust the a arms?

These are the same tires that I had before and I could easly move the wheel from lock to lock without any rubbing.

Are the a-arms on the wrong side of the car? I did this once with my stock upper a-arms. I noticed it had a TON of caster. And it baffled the alignment guy for a few minutes on the computerized optical alinger....

If you turn the wheel, the back of the tire will rub the fender and rub on one of the screws on the inside of the fender. This happens on both driver and passenger.

Here is the thing. Put the stock a arms back on...perfect clearance. Can turn the wheel all the way to the left and the right with no rubbing. Ideas?

Make a jig out of wood blocks on a plywood base using a stock arm. See if the tubular arm sits in the jig. It probably won't. Try to determine the problem and send the arms back stating your findings. Just sending them back may get you another incorrect set.

Back