You can type here any text you want

FS: 2001 navy blue Camaro SS A4 41k mi (IL.)

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

nickD

2001 Navy blue Camaro SS
41,000 miles
garage kept/stored winters
T-tops, Chrome ZR1 wheels, clear corners, custom embroidered front seats, a couple of minor paint chips on the rear bumper otherwise the car is very clean and in excellent condition.

Mods:
-SLP Lid
-Ported throttle body
-PS Long Tube headers & TSP 3" ORY
-Fuddle 9-1/2" 3400 stall/2.1 STR tq. converter
-SI007 cam (228/222 .588/.581 114.5 lsa)
Speed Inc. installed the cam and dyno tuned the car. It made 364.5 rwhp.
-Subframe connectors, UMI tubular LCA's, Hotchkis panhard bar
-B&M 24,000 gvw trans. cooler
-SLP line lock
-Brand new front brake rotors & Hawk pads
Title in hand. Asking price $13,000 obo
need to sell.
if interested email: slpss01@yahoo.com
pics available

I've lowered my price and added some pictures. The car is listed is also listed on cars.com with a Carfax report.

PICTURES HERE:
Index of /2001_Camaro_SS

CamaroSS_001.jpg

CamaroSS_021.jpg

CamaroSS_029.jpg

CamaroSS_engine_003.jpg

There are a couple of minor paint defects on the rear bumper
This one was here when I bought the car
http://misc.jiminees.com/Bumper_001.jpg
These two happened last year:
http://misc.jiminees.com/Bumper_002.jpg
http://misc.jiminees.com/Bumper_003.jpg

trade with some cash 2000 GTP many mods. extremely clean. 70k miles.

kbb gives you the SS option...$11500ish private party exc. I'm in the market for one of these cars...so these are honest questions here...does the SS pkg mean 3K...I just don't see that...you won't get your money out of mods. Is the market driving them up like the C5s?

on that note...I'd still like to see pics of the paint area that's bad that you speak of. This is a great looking car.

Well first off I think the market is driving the price of everything down.
This is not the first modified car I have sold. I was not expecting to get money out of the mods nor did I price the car taking them at all into consideration.
Now to address your concerns about the price. I did do my homework before pricing the car. I used KBB and also NADA, cars.com, and comparable listings on LS1Tech.com. Some people consider KBB to be a bit low and NADA to be a bit high. Not sure if you looked on NADA but they still show a clean trade in at $12,600, an average trade in at $11,750 and clean retail $14,750 (for an SS).

In regards to the SS package on KBB remove the SS package and you're around $9750 for a Z28. So yes the SS package does add about 2 grand. I'm not sure if the question you are asking is shouldn't an 01 SS be worth the same as an 01 Z28? If so let's put it in perspective. Correct me if I am wrong but isn't a Grand National worth a little more than a T-Type, or at least was at the time they were new on the show room floor ?

I originally priced the car at what I honestly thought was fair market price at the time I listed it. I think 12,500 is still a fair asking price. If you go on cars.com compare mine to the others listed. Also check out LS1tech.com. I'm certainly open to reasonable offers (no trades) but I will say this, I've already had 3 lowball offers of $10k and best of luck to anyone finding an 01 SS (same mileage) as nice for that price.

I believe I posted pictures of the paint on the bumper on cars.com. I put two of the paint defects in the bumper and the previous owner did one. They are minor. Also the passenger rear quarter appears to have been painted at some point. I knew this when I bought the car 4 years ago. The carfax is clean and can be seen on the cars.com listing. I'm not trying to hide anything.

If you would like drop me an email at slpss01@yahoo.com and I would be more than happy to send full size images of the bumper to you. You're also welcome to come look at the car anytime.

Back