You can type here any text you want

fuel injector harness.....

• Thread starter Thread starter 91cam447
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

91cam447

FAST fuel injector harness.....

Let me see if I understand this correctly. Now I am going from a standard Chevy V8 firing order (18436572) to a odd fire (18736542) cam. I changed the firing order parameters in the software. OK, now comes the fuel injector wiring harness. Do I just swap the wire locations for #4 and #7 on the 10 pin connector? Just want to make sure before I go and screw things up. :D

That's all there is to it. :D

A question for you. Why are you doing this? I understand the theory behind keeping cylinders 5 and 7 apart and it makes sense to me that on a carburated application it may help fuel distribution between those two cylinders. However, if you pay attention to the new firing order, all you are doing is moving the problem to cylinders 4 and 2! In either case, I would think that port fuel injection would minimize, if not eliminate the issue.

I am only theorizing and I'd love to hear an explanation from someone actually doing it. I am not trying to second-guess what you are up to but this is something that I never understood how it would benefit someone. Any input would be appreciated.

Not an engine builder......

Don't know if I am going to be much help to you. All I know is, on a max effort drag motor, it is worth some horsepower and is supposed to be easier on the rear main. I think.:D I am just going with what my engine builder is recommending. Seems to be the HOT ticket going right now. Thanks for the help Craig.

Back