You can type here any text you want

Fuel pressure transducer location

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

quadzila

Where is the best place to mount the fuel pressure sensor/traducer? Thanks in advance Brian

On my swap, it was convenient to put it on the frame rail, just downstream of the filter. You'll get the same pressure everywhere on the system between the pump (tank) and the regulator inlet (possibly a bit higher ahead of the filter if the filter is plugged or undersized).

On my swap, it was convenient to put it on the frame rail, just downstream of the filter. You'll get the same pressure everywhere on the system between the pump (tank) and the regulator inlet (possibly a bit higher ahead of the filter if the filter is plugged or undersized).
So you used a tee? How did you get the wires into the passenger compartment? Don't mean to hijack.

Yes a tee fitting, I looked for a pic but don't have any. The wire is run over to the trans tunnel, through the shifter cable hole and then bundled with the shifter and speed sensor wiring.

Installed the transducer in the my champion fuel rail today and now able to log fuel pressure. I do have a stupid question though , should boost psi rise pound for pound with fuel pressure from vacuum line on or off? because i get 45 psi line off and about 40 psi line on......?? thanks.

Boost (pressure) increases it pound for pound, vacuum reduces the reading about 1/2 pound per inch of vacuum.

Installed the transducer in the my champion fuel rail today and now able to log fuel pressure. I do have a stupid question though , should boost psi rise pound for pound with fuel pressure from vacuum line on or off? because i get 45 psi line off and about 40 psi line on......?? thanks.

Before you build any boost, you will zero out the vacuum. So the fuel pressure will rise back to 45 when there is no vacuum or boost, then should rise 1 pound of fuel for each pound of boost.

I don't have my car running yet to test this on my Powerlogger, just seems logical.

Yes, with 14"Hg vacuum, the fuel pressure should be pulled down about 7psi to about 38. At 0lb boost, you should see 45psi fuel. At 20lb boost, 65psi. 30lb boost, 75psi fuel.

deatschwerkfuelpsi2.jpg

Back