You can type here any text you want

Fuel pump problems after removing a/c box

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

cooled84ttype

Let me give you some insight.This is my first turbo Regal.I have an 84 t type with a complete intercooled conversion stock.I replaced my passenger head gasket.After getting my car back together it was running good but the lifters were clattering.I pulled the valve cover to notice one of the bolts holding the rocker shaft had broke.I pulled the top of the a/c box off to access the head.After repairing the head and getting it back together the fuel pump wont come on.The fuel pump has power at the fuse box.I can get the fuel pump to come on with a jumper wire.Let me note that i have not put the a/c back together.I want to get a few new a/c components first.Is there any component in that vicinity that would have to be put back together that is tied in with the fuel pump.Any help is greatly appreciated-Jesse

Your fuel pump relay is over there here's a pic to help you find out what you may have disconnected.

Relay%20name%20plate2_lrg.jpg

thank you for the pics.Let me give you the latest news.I have no power at my fuel pump primer wire.If i prime the pump with a jumper wire it will start.As long as i have the jumper wire on the alternator it will not shut off when i turn the key off.After i prime the pump with the jumper wire it will run without the jumper wire on.Anyone have any idea what the problem could be?Any help is greatly appreciated-Jesse

Back