You can type here any text you want

Fuel pumps, are they the same

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ronbuick

I picked up and 86 T/A and will be installing a LC2 into it, the TA has a intank pump in it now, so will the turbo regal pump be a plug and play unit, or will I have to get a different pump, as I have a spare T/R pump to use.thanks

Ron

Assume you mean 1989 TTA (?)

The actual fuel pump from the TR can be used but don't even bother. If you change either one get a Walbro 340. If you haven't changed it already.....you should. The stock TR pump was barely adequate for stock boost levels before any mod. Spend a few bucks on the pump and save yourself a motor. :)

pumps

Hi,
If you are going to use stock stuff, it will work. I would advise getting a Walbro 340 and installing a hotwire kit, though.They are powerful and long lived. The tank is a pain in the ass to pull, so you don't want to do it twice. Racetronix is a good choice, out of Toronto, I believe. Your dollar goes farther in Canada....

if you want to save time - you can cut and access panel to access the pump without having to drop the tank. not everyone likes doing that... but it will save you time and it will be cover up :dunno:

j13smiley said:
if you want to save time - you can cut and access panel to access the pump without having to drop the tank. not everyone likes doing that... but it will save you time and it will be cover up :dunno:

Please do not use this trap-door method.
Please remove the tank and clean it out thoroughly.
These cars are getting old so the tanks contain much rust and sediment which will cause a new fuel pump to fail quickly.

http://www.racetronix.com/Racetronix-TTA_Pump_Kit.html

I have a spare a pump and was just wondering if they were the same, no stock stuff here, that all went by the wayside a long time ago, thank you for the info.

Ron

Back