Fuel & Spark management system

zam70

->ROGUE
I've got a TR and this board has been amazing. THIS post refers to another car we've built. I'm looking for a complete fuel & spark management system w/data aquisition . I want to be able to replay data after the run for tuning and have full adjustability through the ECM. HERE'S the catch...its a alcohol fed 500 ci blown Big block chevy (14:71) funny car. It's around 2200 + horse power. Right now it's mechanical fuel injection w/ a mag ignition. We're just wanting to do it to the hilt. I've called a few people...they're either out of our $ range ($15,000+) or can't feed the beast. Any suggestions are welcome and thanks for the help.

Scott

In a nutshell, I think the FAST ECU would do what you are looking for, but the problem is the amount of fuel you will need. You would need at least 16 160 lb/hr injectors to provide enough fuel for a 2200 hp blown alcohol motor. I would suggest two things:

1. Check out the FAST website at www.fuelairspark.com and see if what we offer is what you are interested in. Sounds like it to me.

2. Call Craig Railsback at BDS and tell him what you are interested in doing. He has experience with setups of this type, he is a FAST Electronics dealer, and his input would certainly benefit you. the phone number for Blower Drive Service is (562) 698-7213.

Also, how much boost will you be running? At present, our system will work with a 1, 2, or 3 bar MAP sensor, meaning a maximum of 30 psi of boost. We're currently looking into four and 5 bar setups but don't have anything at the moment. Just thought I'd be up front with you on this before I send you on a crusade for something that won't fit the bill.

Craig

I called FAST before my post yesterday...the guy I needed to talk to wasn't in. Amount of boost...GOBS...probably 40-50 lbs in the end....but maybe not. I'll call FAST again today.

THANKS for the info

Scott