You can type here any text you want

Fuel tank capacity

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

pvt num 11

Finally driving it
I remember reading somewhere (can't remember where exactly) that the TTA has an 18-gallon capacity. Either I have a huge dent in my tank, or they're really only 15-gallon tanks. 302 miles, and it sputters, coughs and dies. "Hello, triple-A?" The tow truck driver warned me that I might have injested a bunch of crud into the fuel pump and said I should run a bottle of fuel injector cleaner just in case. Should I be worried? Runs fine now...

18 gal never happened .. back in 89 I ran mine out of gas to check it :rolleyes: :biggrin:

15.5...? Guess there's no real way to get that last half-gallon out of the tank, then... If there was, I would've made it to the gas station and not wasted almost two hours...! :(

The pump is cooled by gasoline it sits in. Running your tank low doesnt allow the pump to get cooled.. and suck air in.. eventually burning it up.

Foolish to drive a car on very low fuel..

Yup, sucked air, lowered fuel pressure, stalled out, and there I sat until the tow truck dude showed up with two gallons. All because I thougth I could get 300 miles on a single tank.

Learned my lesson...

Back