You can type here any text you want

Gas gage question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

blackgn231

Money pit
Can the gas Gage be removed with out removing the whole cluster? 87 Gn here read that if its not tracking right some times you can remove it and clean up were it hooks into the cluster. So just not sure about removing it anyone?

it pulls right out ,
take off the bezel ,
remove the plexi cover ,
remove the small screws ,
pull the whole lower panel out with the integral fuel gauge

Pacecarta explained it perfectly.....do it this way....I've done the same thing....not too hard to do, but be gentle in handling.......don't drop it like I do with harmonic balancers and tail lights.

Bruce '87 Grand National

Can the gas Gage be st pull the gage straight outremoved with out removing the whole cluster? 87 Gn here read that if its not tracking right some times you can remove it and clean up were it hooks into the cluster. So just not sure about removing it anyone?
Once you get the gage out, clean the contact posts off with a pencil eraser or 1000 grit sand paper.
The posts can be removed by unscrewing them off the threaded brass rods. I believe the gage was designed to be hard wired initially.
But to simplyfy assembly they added the posts for a plug and play set up. I would also clean the female contacts in the cluster as well.
I fixed my wacky fuel gage by doing this.

Back