Gateway Meeting (St. Louis)

rgs455

Come to the next Gateway **** meeting at Mike Christiansen's (either G&M Auto or his home garage) this Sunday, June 4th @ 1:30pm. 309 Sappington Barracks Road, near the 270/255 and 55 interchange. Exit at Telegraph Rd. (231) and go north. Sappington Barracks will be a traffic light a few blocks up. go left (west). See you there! We'll be discussing the recent GS Nationals, upcoming events, and the future of the club. Be there!

Upcoming events
The next Midnight Madness @ Gateway. Friday 6/2 @ 8pm and runs unti 3am. Slicks, DOTs, street tires...whatever. Bring 'em out or just watch.
Note that there will be another Midnight Madness @ Gateway on 6/30. We will discuss plans for other visits to the track on other dates and possible dyno sessions.

Attendence: 70 GS Stage1 convertible, 78 Electra 455 (11.9 car), and 6 GN/TRs. A bunch of other guys showed but did not bring their cars.

Discussed the GS Nationals in Bowling Green and who is going to Indy at the end of June. The Gateway Club had a great turn out in BG plus had good results in the car show and racing! Also talked about the impending MO emissions legislation that will take effect in 9/07.

A club member brought a bunch of "go fast" and rare OEM parts which went in a hurry. That was cool!

We're looking at some dates to meet at GIR as a group to race. We are also looking to rent the GIR for our club only. Updates to follow.

I will be checking with the Gateway BCA to see if we can partner with them on car shows.

It was neat to finally get to meet other turbobuick owners and see my GN parked with others. I too drove off with a great deal on a bunch of parts. Lots of good info to listen in on, although I'm not really into the racing aspect of all this yet. That is awesome theres people out there like Scott (I assume it was Scott) who organise and structure these type of meetings. I'll def. be at the next.