You can type here any text you want

get the hook up

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

cutlasskid

so what do i need to get my 1979 hurst olds to hook up good with out cutting up the body i have boxed control arms upper and lower pinion angle at 4 air bags 26x10.5x15 et streets 90/10 up front 50/50 rear 6 cyl springs up front stock rear no sway bars i have a 383 strocker sbc with twin turbos intercooled 3.89 ford 9 inch viper 6 speed trans.

Hooking

cutlasskid said:
so what do i need to get my 1979 hurst olds to hook up good with out cutting up the body i have boxed control arms upper and lower pinion angle at 4 air bags 26x10.5x15 et streets 90/10 up front 50/50 rear 6 cyl springs up front stock rear no sway bars i have a 383 strocker sbc with twin turbos intercooled 3.89 ford 9 inch viper 6 speed trans.

Negative 3 degrees on the pinion angle and an ATR style rear sway bar or the HRPartsandStuff anti-roll bar. A roll cage to stiffen things up and be safe. Taller slicks. Is that "6 speed Viper transmission" a standard? If so, I'd look at getting a TH400 in there with a transbrake so you can build some boost at the line. What's your 60' time? What air pressure in the bags and tires? How much boost are you launching with? Etc, etc etc? Intercooled twin turbo stroked SBC, huh? You might need a Pilot's License if that thing ever gets dialed in.

8 lbs on the right rear air bag. i have not been to track yet. i wasted pistons 7 and 8 i think it didnt like the boost 18.6 with pump gas. yes manual trans with dual disc clutch not looking to make drag car just fun street ride.

i also have a 9 inch rear end will the atr swaybar work. have you seen the plates that lower the lower control arm at the rear end do they work ? i have not tryed to drop the clutch but it get loose around 4,000 rpm would like to try drag radials like the nitto ?? are they any good.

HRPartsnStuff makes a bar for the 9" in a G-body. 3" or 3 1/4" tube. MT ET street radials might bite better than the Nittos, the Nittos will last longer on the street. You running EFI with that monster?

that is the winter project accel dfi. i had a blow thru carb before. the outer cylinders looked lean which did'nt help. thanks on the info for traction. so what are you running twins on ? and how good does your car hook are you dfi?

So what are you running twins on ? and how good does your car hook are you dfi?[/QUOTE]

I have a TWIN brother, not twin turbos. Waiting on a FAST system and other goodies, then we'll see. It hooks pretty good now, mildly stock. Boxed upper and lowers with poly bushings, Cargo Coils, air bags, KYB's and ATR sway bar, 275/60R15 on 8" wheels. The sway bar made a big difference.

Back