You can type here any text you want

GN went dead

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tzque

I was working on my GN and was bleeding the brakes . The guy helping me said to turn on the car . It was running I pump the brakes and the whole car went dead . I cant get anything . Lights everything . Where is the first place I should start to trouble shoot . The battery should be fine . It is late so I did not try to hook my other car up to it to jump it . Is it as simple as the battery?

Fusible links down by the starter is a good place to start.

BTW, you can bleed the brakes without starting the car....

IMHO, if you are going to pump bleed, you should bleed the brakes without turning on the key. It will save some life on the P/M pump and motor. The pedal will be hard to push, but it can be done.

If you do turn on the key, you are simply using the internal pressure to do the bleeding. Be careful when breaking the bleeder screw loose, 600psi can be dangerous when released!

The fusible link is a good place to start looking. Your motor running on the P/M probably pulled a lot of current from being used so much. Check your fuses under the dash as well.

HTH

Back