You can type here any text you want

GN1 exhaust system

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Mike T

I know how sometimes guys want to share their thoughts on a particular vendor good or bad and that's not what I'm looking for.

I had a chance to see the GN1 performance 3 inch stainless exhaust system and mufflers installed on a new GN build today. I doubt that I would need a 3 inch system but FWIW it looks very nice, seems to fit well and also appears to be built well. Is anyone running this system and would you recommend it?

I've had it on two cars , installed both..... Pain. Latest car installed the 3 inch cross flow from rjc. A lot lighter and great fitment . Do yourself a favor and go with the American built rjc.

No experience with fitment but I heard the 3" on a slightly modified car.. sounds fantastic Imo... and looks just as good.

I have it. I really like it and it's not bad to install. A friend and I did it on our backs in his driveway. I used my own mufflers and it sounds great to me.

I did not get to hear this one but the owner said he was very pleased with the sound. I guess sound is somewhat subjective and I tend to like a system more on the quiet side.

My car is fairly quiet now and louder would be ok but I don't like the cracking or popping sound that its on the verge of making....it makes me think of how some of the old glasspacks sounded.

Video of what mine sounds like.

Last edited:
I bought mine in December and it is just awesome, looks great , sounds great. Cool guys to deal with also.

Love the system. I ran it w no tails for a while and it had a v8 sound. Ran it w tails and it was still nice. Nothing crazy aggressive. The only thing you may do is weld some hangers on it for factory location. The new style uses a tab that useses a bolt and attaches to frame. Still left pipe little flimsey. But no real problems with it. I hung 90% my self and had a shop do the tails

I've sold quite a few sets over the years. I have had it on my own GN for around 5 years and still looks like new.

I like this system n the Rjc one , I ran the Rjc one super quiet system with no drone on my car the gn1 is more aggressive sounds but very clean sound . I like both .

A lot lighter .

When you say "a lot lighter" how many lbs are we talking? I could see it being 10-20lbs.
I also see the no drone comment. The wife would really like that. Happy wife, happy life. And we could take the car places.

When you say "a lot lighter" how many lbs are we talking? I could see it being 10-20lbs.
I also see the no drone comment. The wife would really like that. Happy wife, happy life. And we could take the car places.
Texas t the Rjc 3" exhaust was so quiet cruising down the highway it was putting me to sleep and my 10 second Gn runs a th400 9.5 billet converter cruising at 3,000 rpm on the freeway . I loved it but to quiet for me , I sold it to my friend who put it on his 9 second stage 2 car and you would never know the car was anything lol with bench seat column shift lol

I sold it to my friend who put it on his 9 second stage 2 car and you would never know the car was anything lol with bench seat column shift lol

How cool is that?

Mine's a 10 second iron block and iron head car built by Lou Czarnota.

Rockin' the split bench, column shifter grandpa car messes with SOOOOOO many peoples heads when you line up and then lay waste to them..........:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

How cool is that?

Mine's a 10 second iron block and iron head car built by Lou Czarnota.

Rockin' the split bench, column shifter grandpa car messes with SOOOOOO many peoples heads when you line up and then lay waste to them..........:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Oh yeah it's great and its a real we4 car with roll up windows and light we street race out here they don't like racing the buicks my car is same as your iron headed 109 block my car looks all factory stick with gbody aluminum Gn rims . When my car leaves off trans break at 4500 20 lb boost launch hard to get a race after they see it leave lol .

Obvious It's half the weight of the gn1 . I'd say at least 20 lbs too. I've got the rjc on my 3800 car and it's not that quiet . But all personal preference .It rumbles. Sounds good. You can come over and listen to it. Lol

Last edited:
I found a couple videos of both systems but I can't seem to find any under acceleration.

RJC

GN1

Last edited:
Back