You can type here any text you want

GNX Suspension

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

88hurstolds

Turbo Olds
I ordered a kit from Pete Hoffman, anyone else install one of these setups under their G-body?
Was wondering if there was any tips/tricks or things to be specially mindful of besides having everything level and the rear centered under the car.

Does the body need to come off the frame a little?

Are there any limits to performance with this setup?

Recommended tire size?
I have wheel flares from Angelo used on the FE3X Olds Cutlass and will be trimming or rolling the well just like the GNX's.
Does anyone have the blueprints for doing that?

have it on my t top gn for 13 yrs now
the instructions are great and it has a line up tool ill recommend using(core deposit)
THE REAR END COMES LOOSE not so much body from frame.
handling will be unbelievable- drag racing will be another animal.(set up)
ive run 275 60 15 or 27.5 mt without trouble- depends greatly on rim width and backspacing.
check the gnx archives - xray may have the cut outs posted but normally ive seen them with the gnx flare kit.

have it on my t top gn for 13 yrs now
the instructions are great and it has a line up tool ill recommend using(core deposit)
THE REAR END COMES LOOSE not so much body from frame.
handling will be unbelievable- drag racing will be another animal.(set up)
ive run 275 60 15 or 27.5 mt without trouble- depends greatly on rim width and backspacing.
check the gnx archives - xray may have the cut outs posted but normally ive seen them with the gnx flare kit.
GNOCIDE AND I INSTALLED ONE UNDER MY CAR 3-4 YEARS AGO..AS LONG AS YOU GOOD WITH A WELDER,TAKE YOUR TIME SETTING THE REAR TO THE CENTER,NOT A HARD PROJECT(I THINK)

Can you elaborate a little?
Thanks!

a member that sets up suspension on here did some measurements for mine for things like instant center and anti squat values.
what was learned from my measurements(everybody's car sits differently, lowered etc) was my instant center height was 10 inches from the ground , and i had an anti squat value of 242.5%
the short IC Length creates a lot of anti-squat that would raise the rear of the car really hard on hard launches!

a trans brake is not going to be the best case as it will shock the system when launching and the system needs to be preloaded as the rear end rises now.( yes people still use it with good results anyway)
i am ,besides the obvious of using some drag radials to race , going to get double adjustable shocks for the rear set on full stiff to help control hard launches.

i have for the last 15yrs used kybs and drag radials with great success and no wheel spin-most people use bilstiens
hth

do you need an exhaust?
i purchased a new stainless one for Christmas but have the mild steel one in excellent condition still on the car

didn't mean to hijack the thread

GNocide, post: 3341888, member: 9314"]do you need an exhaust?
i purchased a new stainless one for Christmas but have the mild steel one in excellent condition still on the car

didn't mean to hijack the thread
Yes I need the tails.

Back