goin from hot-air to intercooled

MoscaP87

Mosca85GN
I have an 85 gn and thinking about swapping an 86/7 intercoold motor into it, besides an engine wiring harness, is there anything else i will need to change?

radiator, & radiator bracket, get electric fans, heater core( the inlet/outlets are different, or pretty sure they are), the ecm, im sure there's more but this os all that comes to me at the moment.

buy the whole conversion off intercooled88 i think he get $1600 it's better than trying to track everything down.

buy the whole conversion off intercooled88 i think he get $1600 it's better than trying to track everything down.

yes, this is the best advice you could be given, and trust me, i think that price is cheap, i spent HOUR AFTER HOUR tracking down all the **** to convert my '84 over and still didn't quite have everything, the only thing i can say i gained was learning more about the cars and the individual pieces while hunting all of it down, jack cotton helped me out quite a bit, but if somebody already has all of the stuff BUY IT!

+1

I thought I was getting a good deal and did it the other way myself, after emptying the wallet several times over. Wish I had just gone this route instead. Would have saved me lots o $$$.

$1600 seems like a lot, but once you price out each piece individually, it's the only way to go unless you find a donor car really cheap.

I mean if i have an 87 motor and just want to swap it in, what mods will i have to do it order to have everything fit and work properly.

some of what you are leaving from your car is the shortblock and heads and front cover.

SOME of the parts that are getting changed are exhaust manifolds and turbo,complete intake with injectors and throttle body etc,all the accessories on the front of the engine ,the wiring harness from the firewall on driverside to the ecm including the ecm.if you car has hydroboost brakes those will have to be changed too.you will have to drill a hole in the front of the block for a oil return from the turbo.if you have some basic skills some time and patience this can be done. i expect this will be more common in the future as more 86 87 cars are ripped apart and the 84 85 car are cheap and plentiful and make good swap canidates.