You can type here any text you want

Good kill of a 91 LX Mustang with an S Trim

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GNVAIR

This happened about a month ago before the snow started to fly here in Jersey. I was out at the street races with the GN. I just went to watch. Some guy that friends of mine know shows up with his purple 91 LX. Typical 5.0 mods of heads, cam, S Trim, C4, gears, etc. He is on 16" ET Streets. Wants to run me.
My car is stock 135k engine (with valve springs and timing chain done beore I got it. My mods are TE45A turbo, 55lb injectors, SMC alky, Extender chip, Translator +, Mease down pipe, 3" test pipe, Hooker cat back. Car has rebuilt trans with a D5 convertor. I run betweeb 25 and 27lbs of boost with 94 in the tank and the alky. No knock whatso ever. I was on ****ty radials.
He was talking **** saying I should have been prepared. The deal was he was supposed to give me 2 car lengths and the brake.
I have seen his car at Atco run 11.50's-11.60's.
Well we ran and he left at the same time as me meaning no 2 car lengths as promised. My car is pretty much dead out of the hole until the top of 1st when it hits boost. Once it hits boost, it goes instantly to 25lbs and then lights the tires halfway through 2nd.
At that point it will finally grab traction and feels like it got shot out of a cannon. He was with me all the way until it hooked. At that point I pulled him by atleast 6 cars and continued to put him away bad in 3rd.
He wanted to rematch that night. He jumped me at the start and had me by about a car. Once I hooked in 2nd and started to pull on him, I was gaining. RIght as I was about to pass him, he hits the brakes and goes back and tells everyone he won.
People were calling him all sorts of names. Its was funny as hell.
Well, I have been making preparations since he wants to race again. I am getting a convertor. I got a set of air bags and will be getting a set of 28x11.50x15 Hoosiers Quick Time Pros.
He has also made preparations with an undisclosed amount of spray and 15" slicks. What do you guys think? Will I need a miracle?

GNVAIR..Nice kill that combo's gonna rock with the new converter and the stickies.

Blown...15 psi max????????? and you owned one???? friend, they come from the factory running 14.7 and with any chip you can run north of that. The turbo TA's ran almost 17 from the factory. The stock turbo will run 22 psi no problem, above that its making too much heat, and aftermarket setups aka larger turbos with the right parts and either alky or race gas will run 22-25psi. By the way, where in his post do you see the letters NOS??? I don't think any body with an S trim is gonna be running boost in the 20's unless its the Pro 50 guys.

And you call NOS loser juice....gee I guess there aren't ANY mustakes running that, are there :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Run whatcha brung...mustang didn't bring enough and couldn't take the punishment...he's the loser. If ya can't take the pain don't enter the ring.

cya

Why is it that when we post in here about a Mustang kill some jealous troll has to...

ruin it? I posted last night about a legitimate kill I made with my GN and because some 22 y/o guy who thinks he knows GN's bashes me. I run no nitrous on my car and have many people that have rode in my car and can attest to how good it goes with minimal mods. Oh well, I guess some people are just too sensitive on here :rolleyes:

Lee I just saw that thread, and all I can say is...What a freaking tard. I could barely follow his delusional "logic"; he obviously lives under a bridge. I in fact am getting ready to install my "loser juice" kit very soon, so I can pound the local stangs even worse. Alky and Nitrous baby oh yeah! Anyway, good kill!

Thanks Mark. As I stated in the first thread; I also own an 86 Mustang GT and have the utmost respect for many of the more ignenious Mustang guys. The fox body Stangs are definitely a lot of fun to drive, but the Buick has always amazed me what it was capable of with many stock parts and only 6 cylinders. You really have to replace a lot on a 5.0 Mustang to go faster than high 12's with mainly stock parts and slicks. A lot of the guys that watched the 2 races had a lot of respect for the Buick to begin with, but they were uterly shocked when I took down the mid 11 second Stang while I was on radials. I am not saying he was running 11's on the street since you know how bad traction can be. But none the less, there was no reason for this guy to bash me last night. He doesnt know me. Has never seen my car run or raced me.

Mustang

guys are all the same. Ever notice that when a car goes by in the opposite direction, you can tell by the sound, that they are mustangs? Just makes me laugh. I remember racing some guy in a 5.0. I was on the way to work, at the time I had a 97 M3. Well we get at it and race about 1/2 a mile. I stuck him on my back bumper and didn't let up. We get up to the nexy light and he rolls his window down and asks, what the hell is in that thing? I look over at him, and say only a V6. Light turned green and I left. I never saw him again on my way to work.

I have two ponys in my stable along with a highly modded gn, although with the stock block casting in my gn, It will never have a chance with the race cobra. But will tear up the sound of that 91 stang. Even with a cog belt pulley system and an anderson power pipe the most I've ever seen an s trim put out was 17 lbs. of boost, Which is more than enough to split a stock mustang block in half right through the center of valley. Unless a mustang has a big huffer ported throughout and fuel system and suspention up the rear it won't have a chance. like any race car to really go fast you really cant hide the money you put in it.

pretty sad, probally some 15 year old that wished he had a mustange or a gn. anyone whos anyone knows that they stomped all over ALL cars in 86-87 including mustanges. anyone who knows gns also know they run 12's on stock parts for less than 1200.00 bucks, do that in a 87 stange. also anyone who truely knows these cars knows 22 psi is about max boost for a stock turbo not max for a bigger turbo. if he isnt a 15 year old troll than hes probaly just a bored troll trying to stir the pot. reagardless, good kill GNVAIR!

Don't go generalizing Mustang owners. They are not all the same.

Originally posted by blown8
gnvair - i guess i had better pray to your alky aka "poor mans NOS" GOD. WOW 20 lbs of boost thats great, too bad they dont. sorry to burst YOUR bubble but race GNs "might" run 20 lbs, MAYBE. trust me i have seen this and have been builing these engines for years. ask me anything about them you want and ill tell you the answer. wow, go have your friends "attest" to yo9ur car's awesomeness and ill go keep building my 7 sec GNs W/O NOS!!! LOSER!

Boost Kills Stress- ya they came running 14.7....in the 1/4 mile that is. a stock 5.0 will easily whoop any stock Gn and contrary to popular belief they will respond better to mods than the GN ever will. your stock turbo 22 psi max arguement is BS also b/c of all your "heat" issue excuses. too bad NOS is loser juice and you're mad b/c you run 13s with it on your built GN. i say the Stang won b/c GNVAIR is obviously a sore loser/liar!!!

This is so blatently obvious I almost LOLed.

I'd be surprised if this fella even owned a Mustang. Notice how he knows all the right things to say that piss the TR community off.

I think he is a ricer just out for the troll.Probably followed somene back here from a rice board.Don't let him bother you,he's just trying to get a rise out of you.

Those Mustangs racers really have a hard time to DIGEST being FLUSH in a race by us Turbo Buicks racers . They can't ADMIT that we are FASTER and better looking. Mustangs are for BOYS , BUICKS and Turbo Buicks are for MEN who can APPRECIATE a real MEAN MACHINE . :cool:

My Buicks : LINK

Hey Lee, I actually used to be a Mustang guy. My first "muscle" car was a brand new 1990 model, black on black, Mustang Gt. Only cars in my town that always seemed to give me all I wanted, or just flat out beat my a$$, were the couple of Gn's. Anyway, looks like we are lite one troll from now on;)

Hey, stop picking on the Mustang guys...we're not all bad. ;)
GNVAIR, ever come up to Toms River?

Who is this "blown8" goofball? I saw some sh*t in a thread in the Tech forum about him. WTF...some people need to get a life. :rolleyes:
S.

I'll help you keep an eye on 'em Lee. :D Maybe we could use a citizen's patrol to right wrongs, kinda like Charles Bronson in Death Wish or Edward Woodward in The Equalizer.

Originally posted by Snorman
Hey, stop picking on the Mustang guys...we're not all bad. ;)
GNVAIR, ever come up to Toms River?

Who is this "blown8" goofball? I saw some sh*t in a thread in the Tech forum about him. WTF...some people need to get a life. :rolleyes:
S.

Yeah, I have been to Tom's River many times. Been going since about 1990-91. I remember getting blocked in by the cops in my 92LX back in 1993 out at Miller Air park.
The night I raced the super charged Stang there was a whole bunch of guys with Mustangs that came out from Tom's River. I ended up racing a guy with a blue with gray bottom 87-93 style GT. Supposedly a high 11 second car on the motor. He got me bad out of the hole, but I chased him down the same way I did with the super charged car. Next time the odds are going to change a little ;)

its really not that hard to make a mustang run 12s for the cheap, if you know where to look for parts

TR bashers, listen well, follow this advice

First, yank the POS 5.0 motor out..

if you want to keep fuel injection, machine a manifold for the engine mentioned below to run (stock comp and fuel injection system) on it, otherwise its all about the carburetors

Get a 71-72 351 Cleveland 2bbl motor (this is important b/c you'll want the slightly smaller (though not much smaller) exhaust ports on the heads from what the 4bbl has, to recover some low end torque--won't hurt your top end in the least--the aftermarket makes 4bbl intakes that mate to the 2bbl heads, and the overall flow charachteristics are superior to running the 4bbl heads..

Get Duraspark II ignition system (FoMoCo answer to HEI)

Get the Edelbrock performer manifold for 351C 2/4 manifold (running 4bbl intake/carb w/ the 2bbl heads)

Get a Holley 750 dbl pumper carb fed via a holley fuel pump

get a set of hedman long tube hedders w/ X pipe crossover for dual exhaust

Get a NOS (TM) 150-200 two stage plate nitrous oxide system.

get either a beefed up AOD w/ 2400 rpm stall converter or a modded out T-5 w/ centerforce clutch, w/ a 3.73 rear end

hold the hell on, it's gonna be a wild ride...

now i'm going to cut this out for now, because this is a BUICK board and I usually feel out of place posting here anyhow because my TOY is a Cutlass (olds powered of course). I do have two Buicks also and one of my friends from school has a car built exactly like the description I suggested (except it's just a 150 hp single shot of nitrous) and it runs under 12 seconds regularly

Originally posted by Schwaeky
its really not that hard to make a mustang run 12s for the cheap, if you know where to look for parts

TR bashers, listen well, follow this advice

First, yank the POS 5.0 motor out..

if you want to keep fuel injection, machine a manifold for the engine mentioned below to run (stock comp and fuel injection system) on it, otherwise its all about the carburetors

Get a 71-72 351 Cleveland 2bbl motor (this is important b/c you'll want the slightly smaller (though not much smaller) exhaust ports on the heads from what the 4bbl has, to recover some low end torque--won't hurt your top end in the least--the aftermarket makes 4bbl intakes that mate to the 2bbl heads, and the overall flow charachteristics are superior to running the 4bbl heads..

Get Duraspark II ignition system (FoMoCo answer to HEI)

Get the Edelbrock performer manifold for 351C 2/4 manifold (running 4bbl intake/carb w/ the 2bbl heads)

Get a Holley 750 dbl pumper carb fed via a holley fuel pump

get a set of hedman long tube hedders w/ X pipe crossover for dual exhaust

Get a NOS (TM) 150-200 two stage plate nitrous oxide system.

get either a beefed up AOD w/ 2400 rpm stall converter or a modded out T-5 w/ centerforce clutch, w/ a 3.73 rear end

hold the hell on, it's gonna be a wild ride...

now i'm going to cut this out for now, because this is a BUICK board and I usually feel out of place posting here anyhow because my TOY is a Cutlass (olds powered of course). I do have two Buicks also and one of my friends from school has a car built exactly like the description I suggested (except it's just a 150 hp single shot of nitrous) and it runs under 12 seconds regularly
Thats it? Seems easy enough:rolleyes:. We don't have a problem w/ Mustangs, its the owners that piss me off. The ones who think that they're awesome or something just coz they own a Stang.....everybody owns a Mustang!! I respect Stangs, but the crappy people who drive em get to me sometimes. Its just a car, :rolleyes:

i know what you mean blackbuick84. My friend w/ the stang (85 fastback btw) is definitely not an airhead mustang freak. He got the thing together by pulling parts out of a Torino and built up a 6cylinder equipped stang (even put in the 9" rear). His main thing is firebirds, even has a TTA...

yeah just a car--a car I regularly stomp on w/ my car...

Here's my 12-second recipe for 5.0s

3.73 gears - $175
Pulleys - $150
Exhaust - $300
75hp Nitrous - $300
Everything else bone stock.

Result: 13.132@108.17

Probably should have gotten drag radials instead of the pulleys to push it over the 13.0-second edge. Or maybe a 150hp shot.

Originally posted by BlackBuick84
We don't have a problem w/ Mustangs, its the owners that piss me off. The ones who think that they're awesome or something just coz they own a Stang.....everybody owns a Mustang!! I respect Stangs, but the crappy people who drive em get to me sometimes. Its just a car, :rolleyes:

Yeah, but we're not nearly as bad a ricers! :cool:

Back