You can type here any text you want

Good Shops

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jy211

Is there such a thing in the South Florida area that does great work on GN's?

Originally posted by jy211
Is there such a thing in the South Florida area that does great work on GN's?

I recommend Jeff @ Economy Auto. Phone # over there is 954-946-4043. He is a stand up guy and takes care of his customers.
He built my motor along with atleast 5 others that run very strong in this area.

-Alex

The only two south Fla TR mechanics I know of are Economy and Harper's. I've met Jeff once, seems like a decent guy, but I've never had work done. Heard good things about him though. Harper's also supposed to be pretty good too, but again, I've never dealt with them. I've used Cal Hartline in Melbourne successfully, if you don't mind driving 2 hours. :)

Driving isn't too bad for good service. Any number for Harper? Or Carl?

Go to www.gnttype.org and go to vendors...both are listed there. I think Cal is listed under Hartline Performance. Where abouts do you live? What work are you looking to get done?

I live near Miami. I just bought a 86 GN t top. Just had it painted and want to get the thing up an running FAST. It has a nitrous wet system on it now, but other than that I THINK it's completely stock. I need to make it breath better....

Just remember: everyone that does work on a car is looking to make money, so will charge accordingly. Try to do the smaller stuff yourself (pressure regulator, Big Mouth cold air, chip, even injectors) but stuff like a downpipe, turbo and others get to be a pain in the ass if you do not have the proper tools or a good location to work. Then you dont mind spending the extra money, and you know it's done right!

I've never done a DP...figured it'd be a PITA without air tools and a lift. That's my next "bigger" Mod, a SS TH DP. I've got stock exhaust with a test pipe/dump right now. You think it'd be simple enough to do in my driveway?

Hey any places that specialize in GN parts? I am gonna do the brakes, shocks, front end etc myself and just wanted to know of a place besides Discount or Pep Boys.....

I just got my 87 back from Jeff after a TOTAL rebuild. So far so good. Great guy, takes time to talk with you and explain things.

If you live in S FL - that's who I'd take it to. He's in Pompano just next to I-95 - real easy to get to.

Terry

Cool. Once I get the basic **** done, I'll be checking him out. I just got my factory rims and need to get tires. Any suggestions?

Originally posted by WakkoSS
I've never done a DP...figured it'd be a PITA without air tools and a lift. That's my next "bigger" Mod, a SS TH DP. I've got stock exhaust with a test pipe/dump right now. You think it'd be simple enough to do in my driveway?
I replaced my downpipe with my step-dad in our garage (at the house garage, not a shop). Everything was easy, except for the fact that the stock downpipe and cat were basically fused together over time. If they had slid apart like they were supposed to, then it would've been easy, cause you can pull the downpipe out without even lifting the car off the ground. But since they were stuck together, we had to put the car on 4 jackstands.:mad: And after we got it out, we couldn't get the car back down. That was a pain. Other than that, piece of cake. Ialso did the turbo swap in my garage. That is pretty straight forward also. The only tough stuff I don't want to try is removing the heads, swapping in a posi, or rebuilding a motor. I've been learning about cars for a couple years, but I barely know anything compared to many many others on this site.

Originally posted by BlackBeauty
The only tough stuff I don't want to try is removing the heads, swapping in a posi, or rebuilding a motor

this stuff actually isnt that hard, i am actually more confident doing that than i am tuning my car... or doing some of that little stuff.. well i havent built an LC2 yet, but i would like to, i have only built 350's and 302's, but i want to try one of our motors. and then after that i want to try building a tranny, something thats not that tricky like a th350 or 400's, oh well, any one want to donate any of this stuff to me so i can test my skillz?

peace out

neil

tires

jy211, for tires, check out Matt Spangler at TK sport in Hialeah. He is a club member.

Back