You can type here any text you want

Good Transmission Guys in Tampa?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SuperSix

Flaccid Member
I have a built tranny I need someone to go through, I doubt it needs a complete rebuild, and I can't afford to ship it. I'm not looking to go 10's, just want a reliable, sturdy tranny.

ANyone have any feedback on Vistory? I haven't seen them post lately - I hope they're doing OK.

I'm in Tampa, and can travel a bit in Central FL.

TIA,
Mark S.

If you can track down Nelson Hernandez in the Tampa area, he did mine and does a good job. You might try contacting Jay Carter and he and Nelson were buds when Jay lived there. he might know how to contact him.

I also have a good guy in Ft Myers who redid mine a couple of years ago and just did a friend of mines. If you want his name and number - let me know. He works at a tranny shop and we trained him how to do these right.

Terry

As far as i heard, Victory was back in business. They did mine almost 2 years ago and i am very happy with the transmission. I know of a couple others who had theirs done with great results.

Scott

Thanks for the replies..

Nelson is the one that built it in the first place, I got ~1.5years of street driving out of it w/no passes.. I don't think it was his best work, while I appreciate the info - I'll pass..

I am leaning towards Victory, and may contact you about the Ft Myers guy.. I have one lead I'm looking into here in Tampa, we'll see if that pans out.

Mark

Yup we're back open, have been so for about 2 months now, new location right alongside I-75. Give us a call if ya need anything. 352-873-3343

Victory trans (Rich & Family) rebuilt my trans for my street car and I will have them build my race car tranny when the times comes.
The customer service and craftmanship are on the top of my list of good and relieable vendors in our community.

Jesse :cool:

Thanks for the replies fellas - I think I found what I was looking for - I'll report back when it's done. :D

Victor Transmission

Rich and Tony in Ocala. They are Grand National Guys, and have a car that can go in the 10's. Good Guys, for Transmissions maybe all around good mechcanics. give Them a Call 1-352-873-3343

I agree with everything Russell said:D

Except our car can go in the 8's:)

But we now have a ASE certified tech working for us who can do anything from AC repairs to engine building on pretty much any car, so we're not limited to just transmissions anymore. If any needs anything, just give a call

Originally posted by VictoryTrans
I agree with everything Russell said:D

Except our car can go in the 8's:)

But we now have a ASE certified tech working for us who can do anything from AC repairs to engine building on pretty much any car, so we're not limited to just transmissions anymore. If anyone needs anything, just give a call

ive had my Victory transmission for almost a year now w/o any hint of trouble. go to Victory, they will treat you right.

:D

Cory

Victory Transmissions

SORRRRRRRRRY. for the burn by saying it go's 10's. I was overwhelmed at your shop.

Their are not many that can get into the 10's but the 9's and 8's thats cooking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Russell

Quite alright Russell, just messin with ya a little:D

Hows everything going with your car??

BTW, we won't be going up to G'ville as soon as expected, a blown head gasket set us back a little

I just read over your post again, how were you overwhelmed??:)

Back