You can type here any text you want

Gorgeous bright yellow '78 Z28

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Status
Not open for further replies.

dhauser

The end is fear
I put it back on ebay last night. This is a really nice car, guys. Will not find a nicer toy/cruise night car for the price.

eBay Motors: Chevrolet : Camaro (item 110233515742 end time Mar-20-08 20:33:20 PDT)

Gorgeous running and excellent driving original Z. Only 84k original miles, matching #s, highly detailed car throughout with excellent mirror smooth paint. New BFGs, highly optioned with PW, PL, cruise, Air, PS, PDB, etc. Starts every time, even in the coldest weather. Sounds awesome with Flowmaster exhaust.
ZERO RUST. $15k

Attachments

• whole1.jpg
    whole1.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 399
  • whole5.jpg
    whole5.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 395
  • detail6.jpg
    detail6.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 386
  • int3.jpg
    int3.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 385
  • drdoor2.jpg
    drdoor2.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 388
Wow........NICE Z!! And a great price. I would think that car should sell pretty quick for 15K. Hell, can't buy a newer used car for that. Thanks for the time warp.

Ken B.

Thanks, guys. For $15k, this is a screaming good deal given how nice this car is. The engine pics were too big to post, but it is painted and polished and VERY neat under the hood as well. Turn-key car for $15k, and these are definitely NOT going down in value as the old stuff goes out of reach for many.

Car is also on ebay if anyone wants to throw their best shot at it....

eBay Motors: Chevrolet : Camaro (item 110228014366 end time Mar-03-08 19:50:09 PST)

There are 3 videos on there as well. If you take your time looking at the pics, they'll be loaded and ready to watch by the time you scroll down to them. In the third video, you can really hear the engine screamin' in the background. Car sounds awesome and runs even better.

I'm actually a little surprised there haven't been a larger diversity of bidders on this thing. It is really a nice car all the way around and drives just beautifully.

3 days left. Tell yer friends....:)

How did you attach pictures? When I click to start a new thread, there's no "manage attachements" button to post pix. :confused: :confused:

It's always there for me.....maybe you're experiencing a glitch in the software. Not sure what else might explain it.

12 hours left and I have to admit I'm disappointed at where the price sits given how nice this car is. I know these cars aren't pulling big money yet, but they are going to in the next few years, and this one needs no cosmetic or mechanical help outside of fixing the AC, which is par for the course on most all of these older cars. Less than half the price of the average new car and it's ready to show....:confused:

I have no clue what you're talking about. I didn't offer the car to anyone for $13k.

Furthermore, why on earth are you comparing this car to a Hyundai??? :confused: Are there really people out there scratching their heads going, "Hmmmm.....the Z....or the Hyundai.....which should I pick.....

If you don't want the Z-28 then leave it alone. How hard is that. No need to bash someones car because you don't like it.

Negative on the 1/4 mile times...

I was shocked to see you offered $13,000.:confused:

1978 Z28

0-60 mph: 7.3

Standing 1/4 mile: 16.0 sec. @ 91.1 mph

Top Speed : 123 mph (observed)

70 - 0 mph: 181 ft. (0.91G)

Fuel Milage: 14.5 mpg / 16 mpg hwy

2006 Hyundai Sonata

0-60 mph: 7.3 sec

Quarter mile: 15.6 sec @ 91.1 mph

Top speed: 144 mph

Braking: 60-0 mph 125 ft

EPA city/hwy econ 20/30 mpg
I had a 78 Z just like that one with a tired 125,000 mile 165hp motor that ran 15.40, 3 times in a row on Goodyear Eagle STs. The car had an open 3.42 gear that was perfect. I dont remember the MPH but that 91 sounds about right. I loved that car soo much until my younger sister ran it into a light pole 3 blocks from my house :frown: . I think ur gonna start seeing that generation getting LS1 transplants. That seems to be taking shape on the LS forums.

If anyone is interested in the Z, PM or email me. Thanks to those who provided constructive comments. Closing thread as we don't tolerate trolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back