You can type here any text you want

Got the wheels....now what tire and springs???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Galto

Thanks for all the help in my last thread about picking a set of rims. I wasn't able to get my top pick since they were too expensive (especially since I just found out I am going to be a daddy :)) but still got a set that I think will look good. I ended up finding some 17x8 American Racing Torqlites.

Now I am having problems finding tires and picking sizes. After some research and going to the local tire place I feel like I am leaning towards some BFGoodrich G-Force Sports. Again, they are the right price for what I can tell would be pretty descent traction from reviews I have read. I know 275s will fit on an 8 inch rim but they aren't made to and I am worried about how they will look and perform while turning with that big buldge. Obviously they aren't made to fit so naturally I don't want to do it but I know a lot of people do. Any pics of a 275 on a 17x8?

Lastly, I eventually wanted to try and lower the car a little. I know Eibach makes springs that will do a 0.8 in the rear and 1 inch in the front. Are there any other lowering springs available? Maybe 2 inches? Again, any pics of a lowered car?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Back