You can type here any text you want

Grand National Registry

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

bigballsbilly

Is there one? I think it would be a cool project. Kinda curious as to how many are still out there, how many have been scrapped, etc.

Only problem is, there are a LOT of GN owners NOT on this board or any board for that matter.

I'm in. I have 1 of the 5,512 1986 GN's. LOL

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Only problem is, there are a LOT of GN owners NOT on this board or any board for that matter.
I agree a registry would be awesome, and the fact that owners exist who aren't on this forum is besides the point. :) With time, and with info cross-linked on other Turbo Buick forums like www.gnttype.org and www.turbobuicks.com, the word would spread. I'm a member of www.1970chargerregistry.com and of course not all '70 Charger owners are on that site, or have registered their Chargers, but the ones who HAVE have provided a lot of useful info.

Not a bad idea but would require one or more people to maintain it and should probably include T's also. I know someone was maintaining one for the 87 limiteds. Since these cars aren't numbered, what info would we be looking to collect? Owner name, location, car VIN, options?

I was thinking a spread sheet with the following columns year, last 6 of vin, mileage, condition (such as scrapped or active), maybe zip code. And yes we could include T's so would need a column for "GN" or color if a T.

I'd do it but need a cooy of Excel.

Would probably need full VIN on file as it changes for model year, plant, and US vs Canadian. Should also include hardtop, t-top, and astro-roof. Other issue is this would need to be secure somehow as you don't want any owner's VIN being used to track the car down and having it get stolen, etc.

@ALBERTAN can provide some input and direction on this. I believe he was the one who started the registry for Limiteds.

Yeah I kept one for the Limiteds. It makes sense for a group of 1,000 or so cars. For 25,000-30,000 GNs (and more for all turbo Regals) forget it. Then there's there fact that people are constantly asking for details. I even had one guy in the thread about my white Limited post that I had contacted him repeatedly harassing him for his car's information, when in truth I talked to him once and he was such a kook I didn't want to deal with him anymore. Anyways, the point is, it's a thankless job that people will turn around and use against you. And it's pretty much pointless for such a common car as the GN. As an owner, I honestly don't see what the hype is about GNs nor why they are going up in price. I can find half a dozen that would meet even my criteria for purchase in 15 minutes.

Cliff Notes: Most of the grief I have experienced in the community is attributable to the Limited Registry. I'm glad I put it to bed and moved on.

There was a registry called "GNregistry.org" but I can't seem to find it anymore. :banghead: My car was listed on it…Has someone here ever heard of it and know if it still exists?

Claude.

Yes I remember gnregistry.org but it appears to be gone. I was going to post about it but didn't because it was MIA.

I am trying to establish a registry for '84 turbo Regals - three categories - 1 - 100 GNs sold into Canada
2 - the 1900 GNs sold into the US
3 - T-Types everywhere (around 2500 I think)
There has not been much interest so far.
I am basing in from my Facebook page: Log into Facebook

Pass me on to anyone that you may know who has an '84.

Thanx
This is what I have so far:

Attachments

• TurboCutlass19.jpg
    TurboCutlass19.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 75
Back