You can type here any text you want

Greeeeaaaaat Event !!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ChrisCairns

Huge thanks to Dave and Kathy (hopefully I remembered your wife's name correctly :) ) for a fandillytastic event.

Out of the 300 or 400 TT events I've attended this was the best one yet. The new host hotel, Super 8, was excellent along with it's 5 minutes to the track location. Great inside pool, free coffee and sweet rolls in the morning. Fridge, microwave and an extra bed in my room for my hookers. And the hotel was surrounded by food places all within walking distance plus a good price gas station was next door as well. All this for $44.xx per night.

Dave has the results so he can post those. (I can't remember anyway...lol. I do remember that I didn't get one of those cash bulging envelopes at the end of the day.) Apparently you have to actually win one or more races to get one.

I kicked Gene's ass big time if you call losing 2 races to him kicking his ass.:D

Len too was also in my loss column. In fact I didn't win one race. If it wasn't for smack talk I'd be a total loser.

Len's engine was too hot so he decided to put a ventilation hole in the side of the block. He says it's now time to put his stage engine together.

Gene may have done some serious damage or it may just be a head gasket blew to the intake side. Lots of smoke.

I heard the Buick powered Nova bent some valves.

Saw some cool hybrids....these guys should be commended for their hard work.

The track on Friday was loose but on Sat morning they laid down the VHT and it was good. Temps on Friday were mid 80's and a tad cooler on Sat I think. I did my best pass on Sat morning...10.44 @ 132.xx.

And the best of all for me...... I DROVE THE CAR ONTO THE TRAILER....lol....and drove it off here at home still arunnin'.

Thanks very much again Dave & Kathy.

Chris,

Thank you for attending! You always add a certain "spice" to the event. Glad you kept the car together also! We had far too much carnage at the track this year.

I'll try to put some notes together and write up an event recap. If folks could send me their best ET/Speed of the weekend that would be great! I have the ladders for Saturday but many folks ran their best times on Friday night and I don't have any records for that night.

Just e-mail them to quarter_miler@hotmail.com

PS. one correction. The Nova that couldn't run is actually a turbo/efi Small Block Chevy. He dropped a valve running at Portland on Friday. He's gone 8.40-ish at 169 so far...very cool car!

I second that!!

It was great , you guys are always there if anyone needs help. Kudos go out to Chris For the 1 1/2 gallon or so of C16. That stuff made the whole day a lot better. After that I had 2deg of knock at the most and boost was always in the teens.

Thanks again great event!! Looking for next year and mid 12s and alky with new exhaust. :P

Chris

13.4 @ 103

I had an absolute blast again this year! I really look forward to this event every year and really hope it continues. Outstanding preparation and coordination, Dave and Kathy. Everything went very, very well. I also like the Super 8 hotel and location better. Everything was quick to get to and it was cheaper. Nice that we wrapped up the racing and awards earlier. I made it home in Everett, WA by 8:30pm.

My car absolutely amazed me this year. 12.6 @ 109mph on street radials at full street pressure, pump gas and alky. I truly drove right off the street and into the staging the lanes. The only prepping I had to do was dust off the car for Gary and Pat's picture taking.:cool:

On top of that, I filled the gas tank on Friday before test 'n tune made four passes, made four more passes on Saturday, then drove all the way to Everett without filling up! No way those loud V8's that rolled off the trailer and ran slower than me could have done that.:eek:

Great to see all the familiar folks again and also nice to meet new ones. Really fun to help others with their tuning to run quicker just like others have helped me in the past. Sharing and helping out fellow Turbo Buick folks is what it's all about...besides running quicker yourself. :D

I had a great time Dave,another killer event.

Plus the ol hotair turd ran it's best ever 12.01:mad: @ 114.5:) .

What a great time, I thought this was the best one yet, can't wait til next year, thanks Dave and kathy, I also ran my best time
of 12.08@111 with 19lbs boost, and the weather was good and the Super 8 was good and close to fuel and food. And seeing all the old faces and friends.

Ron

I had a great time at my first TT event and can't wait tell next year and hopes to be faster. One of the coolest parts for me was putting sum faces on the some people and chatting in person, there are some great people in the Buick world. My best was a 13.485 at 101 mph but I hope to improve on that by next year. I took myself out of the game right off the bat with a red light:mad: , It was only my second time at a strip and it showed. I also like to thank DEL and all that aided in the hosting of this event and Dan and Gene for helping me with some knowledge and my tuning troubles.

dave --you and kathy did a great job! i had a really good time and will be back next year. i knew my motor would blow at some point. but thats racing! i got neil to order my rods for the stage block and next year it should be faster. the northwest guys are a great bunch and i look forward to seeing you guys again. thanks again---len

hmmmmm what more can i say.............this event is awesome hosts and racers are in a class of their own the best bunch of buick guys i have ever raced with and the others sy/ty guys and gals are ok too :D

Originally posted by DEL
Chris,

Thank you for attending! You always add a certain "spice" to the event. ya he does! but you only find that spice at male only peep show! :D

Originally posted by LV GN
i got neil to order my rods for the stage block and next year it should be faster.

Len, I want to see the Mustang and Vega owners cry next year when you spank their ****. (Scott James are you reading this?) :cool:

Thanks for all the kind words guys! I've shared them all with the wife. Once again...thanks to the Sponsors!

CAR TOYS & Adam Nonis (HybridT)
Performance Trans of Las Vegas (Len Freeman)
Kirban Performance (Dennis Kirban)
Ron's Emmett Lube (Ron Neisler)
Delta Technical Sales (Matt Brnusak)

Originally posted by LV GN
Originally posted by DEL
Chris,

ya he does! but you only find that spice at male only peep show! :D

I bow to your expertise on that subject. Remember, a few of us saw you sucking on the 8" straight pretzel and moaning. :D

Hi everybody,
Pat and I had an awesome time at TTV, thanks to everyone who was there. You guys are the nicest bunch of people to hang out with, and to race with.
I got to chat with a bunch of people I didnt get to know last year. Dave, and Kathy, thankyou for having us there, and dealing with all the particulars of the event. I hope things go a little smoother next year for you. I felt guilty everytime I asked, "is this where I am supposed to be?", or "are we running NOW?" LOL. I bet you were asked a million questions. (I am alway paranoid that I am going to miss something. Sorry if I drove you to drinking Dave LOL)
Pat really wants you to be able to have more fun next year. He can be the official bottle opener next year LOL..
Anyways, we will be ready for next year!!! I'm going more than two rounds this time !!

Back