You can type here any text you want

Green Stripe injectors on stock motor

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87we410877

I needed new injectors for my 100% stock motor and had new green stripes layin around. I think they are like 30lb. Is this going to mess anything up or wil they just run at a lower Duty Cycle?

Stock injectors are 28#. Not enuff of a difference to worry about. The ECM will make the proper fueling adjustments(What I was told when I was looking for injectors.)

The 42.5 lb green top injectors are the Lucas injectors for the Ford Lightning. I have a set waiting to go in my car this spring...

John

I have a set of green stripes also.
They are Bosch 42.5 lbs & require an aftermarket chip.

go by the part # not the stripe color

30s can be green or blue stripe

post the part#

I went with 42.5 green stripe years ago. I had to change the chip & have had no other issues.

I currently have 50lb injectors with the proper chip. If I install 42lb will I have to get another chip for 42# and will my MPG increase? Thanks

thread hijack

yes you need a new chip
no you wont get better mileage
with the proper chip the ecm can adjust for proper o2s and that would occur nomatter what injectors they are
btw the 50s are a actually really good injector and i had the best mpg with them due to thier spray pattern since patterns do vary with injectors by design

those are 30s
dropins for replacing stock , shouldnt need to change chip or do anything else but the Turbotweak chip runs so much nicer than the stock one

those are 30s
dropins for replacing stock , shouldnt need to change chip or do anything else but the Turbotweak chip runs so much nicer than the stock one

Cool. Thanks alot. This is for the stock frame off t-type so as little "tweaking" as possible is what im looking to do. Maybe a chip wouldnt hurt :)

Back